REVELATION

by Sobeit 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Sobeit
  • mind blown
    mind blown

Great read!

I dunno, I still feel the book of Revelation is out of place. It's seems this John, not apostle John, was inflamed in some sort of trance...

• still thinking
    still thinking

Elaine Pagels always has a very interesting take on things....I'm looking forward to reading that book.

• mP
    mP

Id argue, the only bit she got wrong was that John the author was a Christian. He was probably a jew, who also were very angry and fighting Rome at the time. There were many false messiahs trying to fight Rome with whomever they could convince to join their movement. Its no surprise, as we know they all failed. John hates how the godless Romans have tormented and bested his fellow Jews. Thats it!

There is no historical proof of any christian movement in the first century. There were no christians in Rome during the time of Nero, archeologists have not found a single bit of evidence which should be present given how popular christians like to say it was. It was so popular that with all those thousands of followers, it took 40 years for one of them to write the first gospel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit