Lets give a big hooray, for mankind

by Star tiger 4 Replies latest social entertainment

• Star tiger
    Star tiger

Hi,

I know that throughout history mankind has made a lot of BIG mistakes and caused a lot of the suffering that has befallen earth.

Let us not forget about the enormous benefits science and our brilliant minds have achieved during the last few hundred years with regard to health, prosperity and welfare that has happened, amazing benefits have happened to longevity and disease prevention have occured in a realitively short period of time. The future does look rosey.

Alas, but for religions they are built on societies that always looked to external forces for our deliverence, we do not need need these ideas anymore.

Countries and peoples that look to these ideas are misguided, mankind has all the answers and inteligence to sort them out on their own, no higher power required.

Let's have a big round of Applause for humankind, we sure don't get enough praise for the things we have achieved.

We are only a young race in the cosmos, and most things we do are for the benefit of mankind

but it's still best if humans don't have religion!

by the way I'm a Deist,

Best Regards,

Star Tiger

• Star tiger
    Star tiger

H i,

I'm sure someone must like humankind, come on let's get a celebration for us, the inventions and cures that benefit us all without judgemental forces with their own agenda.

Regards,

Star Tiger

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Yup. For those of us in the West, at least, it is hard to see how life could get better....

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The doom mongerers, like the JW's and other end time groups, along with the Eco-warrior type crowd would have us believe that things are so so black.

All we humans have done is bring the Planet to the point where it will no longer sustain life. The media too join in on this doom-fest, they love a story like that.

Truth of the matter is, from hunter-gatherers with a short hard life, through centuries where things only gradually got better, especially life expectancy, we now have conquered many diseases, have many on the run, and soon will eradicate more. We have lifted millions of people out of starvation and poverty, we are striving to fend off future problems, and improve the lives of people even further.

It has been an upward trend. Europe has had peace for 60 years or more, and many of the what seemed like insoluble problems between nations and peoples are being solved.

Yes, there is still a way to go,people are still poor and hungry, but HOORAY for MANKIND for what we have achieved thus far, and I for one am convinced the progress will continue.

"Yes but what happens when we run out of oil ?" is the kind of question these doomsters ask, so I say to them "The stone age did not come to an end because we ran out of stone", long before oil is depleted (we were supposed to have run out years ago according to the doomsters by the way) we will have found or developed a cheaper alternative.

The problems will be solved, mankind will give itself another HOORAY ! Then go on to the next, till we have all evolved in to Hooray Henrys.

• glenster

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit