got to actually help someone today

by finally awake 4 Replies latest jw friends

• finally awake
    finally awake

Just ROn and I spent a few hours today helping clean up tornado damage in Ridgway. I never got to do anything like that when I was a witless. My field circus hours were never deemed high enough to participate in quick builds or disaster relief work.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

good for you .. I'm glad you did some good today I didn't.. LOl

my field circus hours were never deemed high enough to participate in quick builds or disaster relief work.

why would they care about hours to participate in that.. we had a 2day hall in 84,, every one got in on that, it gave the people who didn't have alot of hoursa chance to participate... man they really push the field circus...

glad I got out in 87...

• Ding
    Ding

And you didn't have to report your time to some group of men to earn your way into organizational favor...

... your reward was being able to help people without any other recognition or reward...

• finally awake
    finally awake

I didn't even mention my name to anyone we worked with. We got to help tarp a roof for an elderly lady who just got out of the hospital, and we helped clean up some of the downed trees, and we figured out how to tarp over a window that blew out of a brick building housing the local pizza place. This town is really small, and they aren't getting the press that Harrisburg is getting.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

The great thing about smaller towns is that everyone pitches in to help each other.

Great work, finally awake and just ron!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit