WT publications re Rutherford's imprisonment

by FreeFallin 12 Replies latest jw friends

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

At one time, I too thought it was noble. However, today, I have to wonder whether or not the stories were embellished. Were a few incidences made to sound common place? Given the lack of sincerity I have seen from the WT, I wouldn't doubt it.

However, I too would like to see earlier accounts of what happened and compare how the stories have changed over the years. I have a few older books not on the 1999 CD and will have to look through them and see if they mention anything.

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• DocBob
    DocBob

There was also the version they told Hitler in their letter that accompanied the "Declaration of Facts" that they sent him in 1933:

"The Brooklyn headquarter of the Watchtower Society is pro German in an exemplary way and has been so for many years. For that reason, in 1918, the president of the Society and seven members of the board of directors were sentenced to 80 years in prison, because the president refused to use two of the magazines published in America under his direction for war propaganda against Germany. These two magazines, 'The Watchtower' and 'Bible Student' were the only magazines in America which refused to engage in anti-German propaganda and for that reason were prohibited and suppressed in America during the war."

• freydo
    freydo

A few things to think about.

Both the pope and rutherford imprisoned by secular powers.

Both established hierarchical organizations claiming to be true churches that became NGO's.

Revelation 13:3 (KJV) "And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast." http://www.dannyhaszard.com/pickets/WT$_UNNGO.pdf

Matthew 24:48-51 NIV - "But suppose that servant is wicked and says to himself, 'My master is staying away a long time,' and he then begins to beat his fellow servants and to eat and drink with drunkards. The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.(Atlanta jail)"

".......so the apostate church was not the Antichrist, or Man of Sin, until she united with her lord and head, the pope, the claimed vicegerent of Christ, and became a religious empire, falsely styled Christendom--which signifies Christ's Kingdom." p278 http://bibletoday.com/V2/volumetwo_S09.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit