transexual chosen to greet queen in NZ

by singsongboi 3 Replies latest jw friends

• singsongboi
    singsongboi

helen clark the prime minister of new zealand had other places to be when the queen arrived in NZ on friday.

selected to greet the queen was MP Georgina Beyer.

Ms Beyer is billed as the world's first transexual MP, and is certainly one great lady......

i don't live in New Zealand, but hear georgina speak a few years ago as the keynote speaker for the launch of the sydney gay & lesbian mardi gras festival season for that year.

she's a pretty gutsy lady and you quickly see why she got to be elected to the NZ parliament, and keeps getting re-elected.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Hasn't she switched sides, as well as switching gender? I seem to recall that she recently resigned from whatever she was doing before and may have joined the National party. Hmmm, my NZ politics is getting rusty, must brush up before the election at the end of the year, we're on our way to Auckland for an election night party!

• singsongboi
    singsongboi

stephanus..

doan know about ms beyer switching sides -- anything is possible in NZ!

and i guess you may not understand sexual biology when it comes to intersexed people...

but there are definitely more than 2 sexes from a genetic viewpoint. for example, hermaphrodites are different to both males and females in a genetic sense. the world is not black & white in sexual terms, tho jws seem to paint it that way.

what sex georgina beyer was at the start of her transition i do not pretend to know.. but clearly she felt that internally she was a woman and sought to harmonise herself internally and externally..

and u can see she certainly is one dam fine person now!!!

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Well, switched genders EXTERNALLY, then! I really must catch up with NZ politics for the above mentioned reason; nothing worse than being at an election night party where everyone is full of port and not knowing what's going on!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit