Life - How did it get gere. The critique.

by Masterpiece 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Masterpiece
    Masterpiece

Hi guys,

I am currently making critique based on the book Life - How did it get here, by evolution or by creation? I was wondering if there is somewhere already made critique from that book, so I wouldn't do job that has already done. Has anyone read such a thing?

• leavingwt
  • Cinciguy74
    Cinciguy74

Here is a better question.

Would you trust a science book which was written 27 years ago, knowing the amount of progress that has been made in that time frame?

There is a reason (beyond just monetary) school text books are regularly replaced.

• Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent

I think it's a worthwhile effort. JW's will still resort to this book even though it's almost 30 years out of date. So a well thought out critique wouldnt go amiss.

There is a small section dedicated to this book on talkorigins, I don't know if it'll be of use to you.

• Masterpiece
    Masterpiece

I actually got my book last summer, when couple of JW's came to visit me. I asked few questions about evolution and the answers that I got was... well, sad. The amount of misinformation they have is just sad. The book is way out of date, but I don't know any other books from Watchtower, that is dedicated to evolution.

To Leavingwt: I have seen those sites before and I am actually using them as a source to my critique. The misquatitions are pretty useful, since the quotes are quite old and I don't really find them anywhere anymore.

Talkorigins is also well-known site. Too bad that it's review is little short and not so detailed that I would want it to be.

I don't know when my critique will be finished. I am not a biology student or anything but I have been thinking to give my "book" for check to couple of my friends that actually know something about evolution and biology. Maybe someday I will post my work here others to see.

• Masterpiece
    Masterpiece

http://corior.blogspot.com/

I have seen this site before but forgotten it. There is actually lots of good information for me and to others!

• Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent

So you are obviously a scienfitically minded person, Masterpiece. Do you study biology? That'd be great if you went in depth on these things. Dawkins brought the book up in the God Delusion and I hoped he'd examine it more thoroughly, but alas.

• Masterpiece
    Masterpiece

I, unfortunately, don't study biology. That is why I need as much useful sources as I can get. But I am doing this little project with couple of my friends that actually knows something about these things. One is studying biology in university and other is teaching it in high school.

Like I said I don't study biology but I read lots of books about evolution. And to be honest, those arguments in the Life book isn't so hard to destroy, even from me. My job here is to collect the arguments from every chapter of that book, do little research of my own and then my friends will go to details, that are too hard to me to understand .

• glenster
    glenster

At the next link, use Edit > Find > How did
    http://gtw6437.tripod.com/id12.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit