adventures in service

by lostinthought 3 Replies latest jw friends

• lostinthought
    lostinthought

So before you all bash me...yes I still go out in service, I know I should stop but I think what happend today you all will find quite amusing...

So I went out with a women who became a witness about 10 years ago. She is from a another country and had been df'ed a few years ago but is a "stong" JW now. She was talking about some brother who since he has gotten married has been looking old and been growing a beard. I said witnesses in this country do not grow beards and asked if this man was still an active JW, she was shocked and siad but why JW's dont grow beards, and then she asked if it was biblical or had to do with spirtuallity in some way...I almost laughed and thought of many teachings of JW's that are not biblical. I then decided to hold my tounge and I told her it has to do with a certian look, and wanting to be business like, she still did not get it but she said she would ask her elder brother in law...

Then we get to the house of a bible study. The study had a toddler and the JW I was working with has a school aged child. The study wanted to know if I had kids. Mind you I am a 31 year old single women, I would love to have children but I would NEVER want to raise witness children. The sister I was working with said "these girls don't want children" I was thinking WTF?? I guess I'm suppose to be waiting for the "new system" to have children. I'm letting the JW's win, they are taking away my good child bearing years, thank you WT society...

• TOTH
    TOTH

I wouldn't bash you for going out in service. We should all do what we want to do. And if not...We do what we have to.

I think it's ridiculous how the wt has one set of rules here and a different set for just about any other place on earth. Nothing speaks to the wt NOT having anything to do with any god like their inconsitency and double standards.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

It's funny,how the Witness woman who answered for you about not wanting children,has children herself,nice.

But,I agree with you,on not wanting to raise children in the cult,or even be married to a cult member. I don't have the same mindset as them anymore,and life would be hard.

But,yes,there was always something crazy happening out in service. My mother got high recently,not on purpose,but her return visit's son was smoking some heavy stuff. And,well,my mother was in the house long enough to inhale. But,being a naive Witness,she asked the mother what she was cooking,it smelled so good,lol.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I would say you should be seeking to cut down on field circus, not stop abruptly. That is, unless you want Brother Hounder wondering where is your time slip. Make a goal that, by this time next year, you are getting no more than half the time you are currently getting. Fake time is allowed.

Another way is to turn in your time late on purpose. When they say something, say that they must have lost your slip somewhere. They will hunt high and low, only to have it turn up at the beginning of next month. They will think they found it. The following month, do the same thing again--turn it in late on purpose. Then, they will hunt again--only to find it a month late. Remember, turn in separate slips for each month--combining them on one slip will not work for this. When the hounder-hounder comes, he will wonder why the hounders cannot find your slip until a month late (or wonder if there are mice taking these slips). This will put the hounders under pressure because the hounder-hounder will wonder how many other slips are being mis-handled. And when you are ready to pull the plug, they will be hunting everywhere for your slip (which isn't there). Wasted time, shame, and guilt will result for the hounders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit