Similarities between the Borg from Star Trek and the org?

by TimothyT 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Can you list any similarities between the Borg from Star Trek and the organisation?

Thanks! :)

Timmy xx

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

I don't know, the Borg didn't hide anything. They were upfront about assimilating you. Resistance is futile.

• Ding
    Ding

1. There is a small, protected central authority, to which absolute submission is required.

2. No thinking independent of the central authority is allowed.

3. The purpose of life is to serve the collective; even in death, the collective is the focus.

4. The goal of the collective is to assimilate as many outsiders as possible.

5. All but those at the very top are part of a great crowd rather than individuals; individuality is bad.

6. All members must look and act alike.

7. There is no honorable way to leave; dissenting members must be reassimilated or deactivated (think shunning).

8. Opposers of the collective must be assimilated or destroyed (think Armageddon).

9. Members of the collective have no time for themselves; service to the collective is the only legitimate and worthwhile activity.

10. They want dissenters to believe that resistance is futile.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Once individuals are plugged into the collective they can no longer think for themselves. There is no "I". Only "we".

"We must have peace in the congregation" = we are all alike, individuals are systematically discouraged from thinking other than in terms of the collective.

One central order sees them systematically, in orderly fashion, going into action in their allotted way.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Sometimes Witnesses just seem like such Pakleds .... they think they're smart, but really they're not!

PAKLEDS

They're always so proud of themselves for accomplishments that are really not that noteworthy:
    "Look what we did! We make our own ink! Aren't we smart!"

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Like the Borg, JW's know that to assimilate individuals they find, they must adjust them.

Anyone else hate that unique JW use of the word "adjust"?

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

After a drone is liberated from the collective, they carry the scars of their former life.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

If only all ex-JWs looked as good as 7of9!!!

A friend of mine used to call her 11of10 ...

• extractor
    extractor

I was going to say pasty skin and vacant look in the eyes.

Bring pain and suffering wherever they go.

When some J-Dubs learn TTATT they try to bring the "virus" back to the collective like Hugh did.

Question is, who has the better ability to adapt, the Collective or the WT?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit