You have never heard of anyone have a bad day in field service, Right!

by life is to short 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Azazel
    Azazel

Im with BluesBrother i never enjoyed it because my heart really was never in it. We had it drummed into us that FS was a sacrifice of praise to God but the whole sacrifice thingy went out the door the day JC died as a ransom sacrifice. So why turn "sacrifice of paraise" into burdensome FS? WTS just wants to control and distribute their literature. ergh.

Az

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

If your a JW Kid and you don`t want to go in the FS..

Thats a Bad Day..

You`ll go out in the Field Service and Like It!

........................ ...OUTLAW

• mercedes_29
    mercedes_29

The worst days in FS for me happened to be when an elder in my cong wanted women to go out in service with him so we could babysit his young children. He never took them to the door, the bathroom or even sat in the back with them. If I wanted to take car of a baby I would have had my own.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

So I will mention some of the horrible days I had in field circus:

1. Once, I got stuck on a call with this ugly guy that looked like he had chicken legs. He had to have been around 98 years old. And, I could see something like 12 different prescription drugs on his table--not even put away.

2. Another time, I got stuck on a call where this ugly guy was spitting blood into a mayonnaise jar at regular intervals. Gross.

3. Another time, I thought our field circus was going to be a nice short day. The pig I was with insisted on dragging a call out, trying to run it several hours to force me to stay out long after hoping for a short day. After some 15 minutes, I saw it was going in circles, wasting time--but the pig I was with didn't have the sense to limit the initial discussion to around 15-20 minutes before leaving something and returning another time.

4. Another time, it was around 35 o C out, and muggy. I had a cold at the time, and they insisted I stay out the whole morning.

5. Another hot muggy day, the pig I was out with insisted that I keep that top button done up regardless of how hot it was.

6. On numerous occasions, I informed the group that I had to go in at 12 noon, because I had to work that evening. Instead, they tried to keep me out as long as possible, claiming that I shouldn't need to be in until it was almost time to go to work. I also lost track of the number of days when they tried that "Just one more call won't hurt", only to have yet another "just one more call" after that.

You never heard of anyone having a bad day in field circus for a reason. They are afraid that, if they honestly reported it, they would win a trip to Guantanamo Bay the back room. This is similar to other missionaries, where they are afraid to post the rubbish the churches themselves put them through or that recruiting Christians is not worth what they have to do to get them. They can only post "Sure, it's hard. Nigeria is hot and muggy, there are shortages, you have to watch for endemic crime, animals, and diseases" with "But it was worth it to recruit a group of Christians and plant that church". The big difference is the churches reserve this for missionaries, while the witlesses treat everyone like that.

• ViridianSoul
    ViridianSoul

The worst day I ever had in FS was when I was somewhere around eight years old. I went with my dad to the homeowner, who was outside in a hat and overalls chopping wood. It was fall but still warm; I imagine he was getting wood ready for the woodstove for the coming winter.

Anyways, as we walked up, this guy PULLS A SHOTGUN OUT ON US. As it turns out, he was a southern baptist preacher, and he was mighty pissed we were there. It about scared me s***less when my dad ever so calmly told me to turn around and go back to the car while he stayed to talk to the man. I ran back to the car sobbing all the way, thinking for sure that my daddy was going to be shot dead right in front of us all.

...he wasn't, of course, but I was severely traumatized by the whole ordeal.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

The worst day I had in FS was when I slipped on some ice in someone's driveway. I injured my knee, so the other JWs packed me into a station wagon and drove me home. Then they went back out in service.

It would have been nice if someone at least helped me get my boots off and get up the stairs once I was home.

W

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

I'm with wha happened.

I can't think of a good day in field circus cause they were all bad.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

I think when people say they had a good day out in field service, it's really cognitive dissonance at play. Obviously they can't say to another JW for fear of ending up in front of a judicial committee on charges of apostasy, "Man I'm really glad that shit is over! I didn't think it'd ever end! What time does the Harry Potter marathon start?!?!?" Heck, many a JW cannot even admit to themself that they really hate field service, so the best recourse is express satisfaction by saying they had a great time, but in reality what they mean is, they're glad it's over. They're happy they satisfied the WT's version of Molech Jehovah, and can now go on with the rest of their day.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

This thread made me think about times I've mentioned I don't enjoy field circus and get the canned response, "you don't go out enough to get joy from the work". Seriously?

What Kind of logic is that? If you don't like it do it more, whaaaa?

I don't like oysters, but according to witless logic if I just ate them more I would looooove them. Well guess what? I've had the nasty little buggers cooked dozens of ways and, SUPRISE! I still don't like them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit