For The Bible Tells Me So

by Celestial 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Celestial
    Celestial

In the 1980s, as a teenager, I had some fascination with alternative lifestyles. I was never gay, I just thought I was. I told my girlfriend about this and she ended up telling her Dad. One night we were all eating dinner at my girlfriend's Dad's house and he wouldn't acknowledge my presence. I told my girlfriend about it and she ran downstairs to ask what the problem was. She came back upstairs and told me, “He said he doesn't like faggots. He said a lot of people won't like you if you want to live your life that way.” I literally started crying. She said, “If you're going to sulk like a fucking two year old, you can just leave.”

In 2005 I watched this movie.

I didn't necessarily agree with it from a moral prospective, but I found it highly entertaining. I started talking about the movie to people at the office and an evangelical conservative chimed and said, “You know what that's about. I would never watch that movie.” Everyone looked away from me. It embarrassed me and pissed me off. Six months later, the same woman got divorced and soon moved in with a man she wasn't married to. The Bible states this is wrong.

If evangelical conservatives aren’t Bible literalists, why the obsession with homosexuality and abortion? I have yet to understand this. This documentary is pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajBR0dq0XXk

The evangelical conservative beleif system isn't based on the Bible or science. It makes little sense.

• whereami
    whereami

Here's the whole documentary. Excellent movie. Every homophobic idiot including the GOP candidates should watch it.

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v191044278BAQY7F3?h1=For+the+Bible+Tells+Me+So+

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

Its a great docementary. I watched it on Netflix the other day.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

The bible says alot of things. Many things are disgusting to the Almighty. That's ANY sexual relation aside from marrige. The bible says that even THINKING of relations are offensive to God....so, homo's are the same as everyone else. None of us satisfy God's high standards.

That's why so many are thankful for Jesus who takes away the sin of the world.

no offense intended on the homo's point

dc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit