"Ooooohhhh I just CANT WAIT for Armageddon!"

by TimothyT 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• oldflame
    oldflame

The Scriptures also tell us not to relish in the end as it will be full of misery and suffering and you may very well see your friends die in the streets . I don't wish or like that idea personally .

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Old flame.Im sorry that you feel that way..Its just not true.Free yourself from that tyranny! It just dosent make sense! Any of it! Live now,be happy and dont be afraid of some made up shyte that some crazy old guy invented years ago.Open your eyes!Life is good as it is.Dont waste a second of it worrying about all of that Armageddon/tribulation/paradise crap,its a cult!!!!!Free yourself!

• mercedes_29
    mercedes_29

There was a really slutty aging sister in my old congregation who wanted to survive Armageddon so she could have sex. She thought that if you were resurrected you wouldn't be able to have sex in the new system. We laughed in her face.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Armageddon is a perfect drug, as long as you are a TRUE BELIEVER. Once that ends, it's efficacy ends. Gotta look for a better drug.

Randy

• blondie
    blondie

I always told people like that that they were wishing for the death of 7 billion people and were like Jonah who got peeved with God when he showed mercy to the Ninevites. What if the 1st century Christians had wished the same, they would never have been.

• Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Armageddon meant that you could stop paying your bills and going out in service. Then once the initial clean-up was finished, you could then pick out a nice house for yourself. I looked forward to it because it meant a whole lot less responsibilities.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Its because their life sucks.... so armageddon is the end of their misery

• ziddina
    ziddina

Okay, this is an embarrassing admission, but....

Hubby [never a JW] and I were recently discussing the possibility of Yellowstone erupting.

My comment was, "Wow, wouldn't that be a neat thing to see????"

My husband looked at me as if I were crazy, and said, "Why on earth would you want to see THAT?? You'd be DEAD!!!"

I replied, "Yeah, but look at the pyroclastic show I'd see, just before I died!!!"

Maybe some of them just want to see a really big thunder-and-lightning-volcanic-eruptions-earthquakes show...

After all...

Look at the popularity of "disaster" films.... Among the general public...

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Kind of shows what kind of sick off balanced delusional thoughts JWS have doesn't it ?

It also shows what kind of complacent fear the WTS. puts into people minds to get them to do what they want them to do

by this very corrupt deceiving publishing house.

• Zordino
    Zordino

cyberjesus said "Its because their life sucks.... so armageddon is the end of their misery"

This is so TRUE. A Lot of Jdubs I know are complete Loser's in the real world. Many of them have crappy jobs or part time jobs or no job at all. And yet they get very envious of normal people who have a decent home, some savings, a retirement funds, college fund, etc. When I was going regular, I was looked down upon because they considered me "Too Worldy and Materialistic" Can you believe that shit? It made so pissed! And yet, when I would go out in service with "spiritualy minded bros" (Yah Right) and meet normal folks at the doors, after doing the shpeel and getting rejected they would talk about how all these people rejecting Big J will have no chance when the big A comes. So Big J will bring on the big A and everyone's gona get it who's not them.... what a Load of caca

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit