Be Inspired By The Word Tuesday, Feb 28th

by njuttabi 4 Replies latest watchtower bible

• njuttabi
    njuttabi

Pastor Chris

For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith to them that hear it (Hebrews 4:2).

The Old Testament chronicles for us several inspiring miracles that God demonstrated amongst the children of Israel in the wilderness, but, for forty years, they wondered in the wilderness until a whole generation perished. Hebrews 4:2 tells us what happened: ‘’…but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.’’ Though they heard the word of God and experienced astounding miracles, they refused to be influenced, moved or guided by it. They questioned the veracity of the word of God and it failed to produce results in their lives.

Luke 5 tells us the story of Peter, a professional fisherman, who after an unsuccessful fishing trip gave his boat to serve as a pulpit for Jesus to teach the thronging crowd. When Jesus finished preaching, He told Peter to throw his nets again for a haul. I want you to notice Peter’s response: ‘’…Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net’’ (Luke 5:5). Even though Jesus’ instruction was contrary to his years of experience as a fisherman, his language depicted that he recognized the potency and efficacy of the word. Notice his response again: ‘’…Nevertheless at thy word…’’

The result of Peter’s faith was a huge haul of fish, straining the net beyond it’s capacity, so much so he had to call out to his co-fishermen for help (Luke 5:6-7). Those fishes that came forth and navigated to Simon’s net were from the word of the Master. The word is trustworthy and dependable. In Luke 21:33, Jesus said ‘’Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.’’

God’s word is absolute reality, and you can stake your life on it. Let it motivate you to action today. Never question or negotiate God’s word, believe it simply and act on it.

Confession:

The blessing and miracles that I require in my life are all wrapped up in the word; therefore, I go for the word. My eyes and heart are always alert to recognize every opportunity to demonstrate my faith in God’s infallible word. I’m a doer of God’s word. Hallelujah.

Further Study:

Romans 10:17; Hebrews 11:1-2

1 Year Bible Reading Plan:

Mark 8:27-38

Numbers 5

2 Year Bible Reading Plan:

Acts 15:31-41

Job 33-34

Rhapsody Of Realities

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome?

• Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent

The word Tuesday is inspiring for me because it reminds me that even if you don't exist you can still get people saying your name for the next thousand years.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

More like Crapsody of Unrealities.

The following bit of attempted mind controlling propaganda flags up a "Christian Nutjob" warning to me:

"God's word is absolute reality, and you can stake your life on it. Let it motivate you to action today. Never question or negotiate God's word, believe it simply and act on it."

Oh boy, lies and unsubstantiated claims, we had enough of that from the WT.

With all due respect Pastor, I think you have come to the wrong place to preach. Now, if you wish to debate your beliefs in a sensible,civil manner, instead of trying to force feed them, then welcome and lets get on with it.This is after all a forum, not a recruiting station.

If you do not wish to debate, then I suggest you take your pulpit somewhere else.

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

This brings back memories of some of my early posts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit