the Ireland branch--> issues over the years

by WildeLover 51 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• WildeLover
    WildeLover

hi all

the irish branch has had lots of drama over the years from John May in the 1980s to the recent removal of practically all the branch committee in the mid noughties to its being closed down quite recently.

i heard on the grapevine that two of the branch committee had actually come to physical blows and there was blood on the carpet.

also many many witnesses spoke of the totalitarian environment there.

does anyone have anything further to corroborate or add to this?

thanks

WildeLover

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

thanks for the FYI

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Bejayzuz ! Blood on der carpit ! What da feck woz dey up to ?

C'mon you Irish 'pozzies give us da dirt !

• designs
    designs

They should have moved the brawl to a Pub.

Part of the family comes from County Cork

• Dagney
    Dagney

I'd love to know. Any connections I have would NEVER tell me.

• cedars
    cedars

I heard it had something to do with the Irish branch committee getting lost in the lingerie section of a department store. As you can imagine, it was very embarrassing for all concerned and chaos ensued. In the aftermath, heads rolled and the committee was eventually dissolved...

Cedars

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

LOL @ cedars.

This was posted on a FB group recently: http://www.facebook.com/groups/90686115834/permalink/10150546720315835/

• metatron
    metatron

I can only pass on rumors, sorry. I know an Irish brother.

The Watchtower Society is rumored to have several problems in this branch:

Brothers who settle disputes with fists behind the Kingdom Hall. Yup, it happens. Tradition, I guess.

It's a country with a strong 'pub culture' tradition and that doesn't go away easily. To explain: We as Americans have a rather Puritanical background as regards alcohol. No Other Country Was Nutty Enough to attempt something as Gonzo- Crazy as Prohibition. Often Irish brothers have no problem with going out and getting 'lit' with their friends.

The congregations have suffered the same issues with young people in recent years as other nations. Things seemed mostly OK and then you got this massive, often obvious loss or 'fake-a-tude' of young Witnesses in the organization. Tough Luck, Faithful Slave.

Recent economic problems in Ireland make things worse for the Theocratic Thugs in Upstate NY.

metatron

• dozy
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

I could be wrong, I was once, in 1962 if I recall, but that FB story about what the Elders were told in Wexford sounds like pure fiction to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit