disfellowshipping

by Jokemyster 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Jokemyster
    Jokemyster

Since the Organization has recieved "new light" regarding the 1914 generation, and completely changed their view on this, does this mean that
    all the former Jehovah's Witnesses who were disfellowshipped years ago for the same view the organization is now teaching will automatically be
    accepted into fellowship again? Were these ex-JWs in fact disfellowshipped for truth and knew things that the GB did not?
    What about the "new light" on blood and those that had been disfellowshiped over these issues?

Do YOU think the Society ever taught anything scriptuarally incorrect? Do YOU think the Society is teaching anything scriptuarally incorrect now?
    come on talk to me tell me what YOU think not what you have been told.

Edited by - jokemyster on 25 May 2000 13:20:24

• spectromize
    spectromize

Dear Jokemyster,

Those XJW's knew things the GB didn't. They tried to help but because of maybe 1 or 2 members of GB arrogance, were disfellowshipped. God notices sparrows fallen to the ground, the XJW's works were not in vain. They will fly high up in the sky. Jehovah's works are indeed strange.

• Seven
    Seven

Yo!! Jokemyster! We DO say what we think on this board, and unlike some in a very civil and respectful manner. What do you want? You'll find more love here than in any Kingdom Hall. Does the
    Society teach anything that is scriptually incorrect now? IMO, New Light.

• Martini
    Martini

Jokemyster,

You really should read through the many comments posted on this DB.You will discover that the witnesses here are not shocked by arguements like the one your bringing up. The GB have been less than totally honest with the brotherhood on many, not all but on many counts. IMO one of these being the myth that disfellowshipped JW's are wicked and comprise the evil slave class. Of course at this point I believe the GB are trying to perpetrate the myth that they themselves are God sent, but they haven't proved anything where it counts the most and that is in being 'honest'.

Deut 18:20-22

Martini

P.S. I doubt DF'd ones would come back even if we paid them.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

I had asked this very question of elders in my congregation. They had no answer and switched the subject.

I have always felt that Jehovah is the ultimate judge and that He is the one who will determine whether or not a person is deemed righteous.

I honestly feel that the whole reason disfellowshipped people are to be shunned is not that they are evil, but that many of them have found out things that we should know. Things that could conceivably be considered to be the "truth".

The advent of the Internet is allowing all of us to evaluate for ourselves what is right, and to do it in relative anonimity. No wonder the WTBTS has been coming out so strongly against it.

• Jokemyster
    Jokemyster

these were/are some of the questions that led me to be known as "bad association" I kid you not!

• dsgal
    dsgal

I seriously doubt that they will be taken back into the flock and offered an apology.

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake

I was Disfellowshipped for fornication. But I had the opportunity then to look back and start to question the issues I had with the society during my years of study. I associated with people they warned me not to, I finaly opened up the Bible and read it without the aid of a book or Watchtower.

It really opened up my eyes on how far away they have gotten from the original teachings of Christ. I believe that it is the Holy Spirit that teaches us, not men, and that there is no organization on this earth that is better than any other.

One must have a personal relationship with Jehovah and Christ, and God is the judge of mankind, with ultimately the 144,000 whom God chooses, NOT the GB>

They have long harassed anyone whoever thought they had this relationship with Christ, So God will judge them the way they judged others.

They ARE of the Wicked Slave Class, pure and simple. and I used to be the model JW just one year ago, and never thought I would say it.

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

They were disfelloshiped because they moved ahead/away from the Borg. They didn't do anything wrong, but think for themselves. To the borg, there is no reason to reinstate because they no longer show loyalty to them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit