When will the awful shunning nightmares stop?

by serenitynow! 9 Replies latest jw friends

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

It's bad enough that I am being shunned in real life by my family in Ohio who I had always been close to. Ever since I have had at least one dream a week about being around my family but they refuse to talk to me.

Will the dreams ever stop? How can I make them stop?

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Write down your dreams.

What happens in them? Who is there? Who shuns you and who doesn't? What are your feelings? What is the "vibe" that you get from the others in the dream?

In my amateur opinion, I would say your subconscious is telling you that you need to deal with your feelings about being shunned. That's why you keep dreaming about it.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Thanks BP, I'll try it.

• C6H12O6
    C6H12O6

Realize the fact that you can never make anyone love you the way you want them to.

• LV101
    LV101

serenitynow: However long it takes to work things out while awake (thinking about/dealing w/situations, problems and solutions) it takes the same amount of time in our dreams. You can't make them stop -- there's a drug for night tremors (Ativan?) but you still have to deal with the anxiety/pain while awake.

Sorry you have to deal with problems caused by an evil cult.

LV101

• Think About It
    Think About It

Time heals. Even when it come to nightmares from a cult past.

Think About It

• flipper
    flipper

SERENITYNOW- I know how hard it is to have dreams about our JW family shunning us. I've had dreams about my two JW daughters shunning me as well ( ages 24 & 23 ). All you can do is try to put positive thoughts in your mind before you go to sleep at night as the last thing you think about before sleeping- then perhaps you won't have those shunning dreams re-occur as much. I agree with Broken Promises in writing down your dreams as being a good thing. I have written down my dreams since December of 2010 and I have 120 pages of dreams now ! It's really helped me to re-connect with what's going on inside my subconscious mind . I highly recommend it. Hang in there kiddo. You'll get through this. We are here for you

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Stop fighting the grieving process you are going through. Instead of trying to avoid these dreams or thoughts, turn around and face them....try to make them happen...look forward to them, realizing that the sooner you desensitize yourself to them the sooner you will be free of them. Medications and Alcohol may dull the unpleasant feelings they invoke for a time but eventually you will need more and more to keep them at bay. Turn and face the roaring Lion that these dreams are to you and they will shrink down to the size of a squeaking mouse.

• White Dove
    White Dove

It took about 5 years for my dreams to stop.

I quit the WTS about a year after the robbery and began rebuilding my life as it should be.

The dreams gradually stopped as I rebuilt my life.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I wonder what would happen if the Ex JW's went back constantly to the hall and talked to everyone like nothing happened..would they get kicked out?..Issued a restraining order against them?

One of those things that make you go Hmmmmmm???

As far as I know there is no rule against the Ex JW talking to them..

Snoozy..who has no interest in finding out..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit