The Beast-Tower #3: Shun Guns--Are They For Christians?

by sd-7 5 Replies latest jw friends

• sd-7
    sd-7

Many have been troubled by the growing number of guns in their communities. "Gun ownership has increased by 500% over the last decade among ordinary citizens, and the number continues to grow," says one source. As a result, the same source noted that "homicides, especially related to domestic disputes, rose 45% over the same period."

While this may be troubling to those who do not love Jehovah, Christians recognize that such violent behavior is typical of those who have "no natural affection". (2 Tim. 3:1-5) No doubt Christians realize the need to "beat their swords into plowshares" and avoid all forms of gun ownership. (Micah 4:1-4)

However, there is one gun that some loyal Christians should own--a shun gun. What is a shun gun? We will see.

"Remove the Wicked"

The apostle Paul recognized the use of shun guns even in the first century. Regarding the grossly immoral in the Corinthian congregation, he wrote: "Remove the wicked man from among yourselves." (1 Cor. 5:9-11) Thus, the first recorded use of a shun gun in the Christian congregation is clearly identified in scripture. Jehovah approved of its use, as the one shot by the shun gun later made a full spiritual recovery and was reinstated into the Corinthian congregation.

What about today? While of course individuals in Jehovah's organization today would never be notified of the details of a judicial committee, the bodies of elders in local congregations have been given, as it were, standard-issue shun guns for the sake of readjusting the spiritually weak ones who have fallen into serious sin. Following the direction of Jehovah God as is given by the "faithful and discreet slave", these spiritual shepherds take careful aim on the unrepentant ones, "drawing down" on them, so to speak--and, if necessary, "double-tapping" with three shun guns in the form of a divinely-appointed judicial committee. They thus "gun down" the wicked ones and ensure that unrepentant ones are "shot dead", never to return to Jehovah's clean people.

Those not appointed as elders, of course, will not be given ownership of these shun guns. Why not? Well, just as Korah, Dathan, and Abiram, though faithful, were on the wrong end of a shun gun, so it could be with some disloyal ones today who think themselves a "sure shot" in a spiritual sense. Only humble ones, such as those who have been appointed to take the lead by the Governing Body, will be armed to defend Jehovah's people from Satan's wicked attacks--some of which will even emerge from within the congregation. Like Phinehas of old, who successfully "double-tapped" with his shun gun, killing an immoral Israelite and a Moabite woman through their filthy sex organs, so elders can show courage in eliminating those who seek to defile God's household with immorality.

How can we avoid ending up in the sights of these shun guns? By faithfully studying God's Word, attending Christian meetings, and humbly submitting to the direction of the "faithful and discreet slave". Though the elders may to spiritually unsteady ones seem to be armed men, standing as if prison guards ready to shoot those who attempt to "escape", in reality they are really "watching over your souls as those who will render an account." May we loyally obey these God-appointed, shun gun-toting shepherds.

In the world today, guns are often used to hurt the innocent. Thankfully, though, Jehovah's use of shun guns is for a far higher purpose than mere men's senseless violence. In due time, Jehovah's anointed ones, along with Jesus Christ, will "bring out the big shun guns" at Armageddon, engaging in a worldwide bloodbath that will make satanic, R-rated, violent entertainment seem extremely tame by comparison. May we rejoice that Jehovah has taught us the way of the shun gun, and may we obey him loyally so as never to end up "shun gunned-down" at the end of this wicked system!

--sd-7

• openmindnow
    openmindnow

Feels and reads just like an artical hot off the writing committe's computer, its ready for the press's!

• sd-7
    sd-7

Okay, this is a bit extremist...I do hope they never try to print anything like this! But taken as satire, I found it pretty funny...

--sd-7

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Your description of gunning by shunning was, in a word: stunning!

00DAD

• yknot
    yknot

I love your posts!

Would you consider writing some parodies of the PT outlines?

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

Sd-7: That was sooooo funny. I laughed so hard I almost lost my breath. So much (TRUTH) in your words. Keep up the good dialog.

Kojack57

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit