Jehovah Witnesses accept 2000 year old Scripture , yet reject writings of C.T.Russell the founder of the religion.of 136 years ago.?

by smiddy 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

Is not this ironic ? that they can claim to believe something that was written 2000 years ago and base their life and some cases their death on it , yet disown writings of the modern day founders of their religion such as C.T.Russell , the so called first president of the I.B.S.A. , later re-named Jehovah Witness.

And the same fate awaits the so called second president of now re-named Jehovah Witnesses ,If the writings ,books ,tracts ,etc .still exist in the library you sooner or later will be quizzed as to why you want to read them , it will be discouraged , and if you persist you will be brought before the elders .

So what are they afraid of people learning ? the Truth about the Truth ?

In the 60`s or 70`s their was a watchtower article or two about the Catholic church and it`s origins ,dealing with the foundation cornerstone ,highlighting the fact if the foundation cornerstone was built on sand/ error the whole structure will eventually fail.

How much more so do we see this with the foundation of the International Bible Students Association / Jehovah Witnesses who disown their own beginnings , read what the Governing Body says about their early beginnings ,compared to what C.T.Russell actually taught , not the same .

Again it is true with J.F.Rutherford ,compare what is written about him now and what he actually said and believed , it does not match.

If Jehovah Witnesses today reject what C.T.Russell , and J.F.Rutherford taught back then , why would Jesus have accepted what they taught as truth ? It obviously was not the truth according to current watchtower teachings..

smiddy

• fukitol
    fukitol
    They don't 'disown' their beginnings. They still believe the core teachings of Russell and Rutherford re mortal soul, no hell, no trinity, etc. Nevertheless, Russell and Rutherford would be disfellowshipped today if they were resurrected in the org and still preached what they preached back then.
  • toweragent
    toweragent

You're right to a point. And it's because they want to write their OWN version of their history. Not what ACTUALLY happened.

But you won't be brought before the elders for having these things. I have collected every book published by the IBSA and Watch Tower since CT Russells time until now. That includes the books written by The Judge, Homophobic Knorr, and Crazie Freddie. (I used to be an uber-dub and wanted everything ever printed by Jehovahs channel. LOL)

The elders who have seen my collection think its "cool" and "really neat" to see Jesus depicted on a cross, or even the Pyramid Charts. I've even had a CO try to buy them from me!

I guess it just depends on the attitude of people according to where you live.

• zimunzucz
    zimunzucz

I think that, "ignore", is what JWs do in regards to the old writings of Russell.

I had a field day last year humiliating JWs-

Are you having your special WT anniversary talk this Sunday?

No, what talk?

You know, the , " 1914-2014, 100 years and nothing has happened yet", special talk!

hahahahah One elder I talked to on the phone at the KH for 30 minutes actually let me call him stupid and he all but admitted he was dumb for "hanging in there"- it was all he knows- the KH way.

• SimonSays
    SimonSays

To understand, Jehovah’s Witnesses is the only religion that has changed doctrine upon their new understanding that comes as man increases its understanding and knowledge.

The Protestants are the same as Catholics, Roman Catholics, Anglicism, or Orthodox not to mention the Episcopal Protestant. There are no doctrine changes there.

The Mormons are the same as the Mennonites, or the Amish. There’s no doctrine difference.

The Baptist, Lutheran, Methodist, and Pentecostal are the same. There’s no doctrine difference.

Got it!
  • Giordano
    Giordano
    It is late and I will read it tomorrow morning...like the POV! Smiddy your always worth reading.
  • William Penwell
    William Penwell
    Not just Russell and Rutherford books are being discourage to read but also the later books by Franz. I would think anything older than 30 years is now out of date and is now "old light".
  • Ding
    Ding

I agree with William Penwell.

WT "light" doesn't last very long these days before it turns "old."

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein
    SimonSays 2 days ago

To understand, Jehovah’s Witnesses is the only religion that has changed doctrine upon their new understanding that comes as man increases its understanding and knowledge.

The problem is is that the WTS has never had spiritual light being that it taught and propagated false teachings right from its very beginning, Why ?

The simple answer to that is because its expressed doctrines had more pertinent value in toward proliferating literature that the organization published, somewhat understandable being that the leading head bible theologians were also the head executive directors of their own publishing house.

Amateur bible theologians running their own publishing house such as the clothing salesman C T Russell and the man to follow him J Rutherford a professional lawyer, the individual who created the name JWS.

The WTS/JWs is more an exercise in religious charlatanism than anything else.

In spite of that the WTS were able to point out some faults of main stream Christendom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit