Correlation

by out4good3 5 Replies latest jw friends

• out4good3
    out4good3

Does anyone here think there is any correlation between the abrupt departure from WT and Awake subscription services and the March and April shepherding calls to the possibly millions that have gone inactive in the past few years? The few years I spend as a dub, I don't remember any such activity directed solely inactives. Does anyone else see this as a vain attempt at the WTBTS to get people back into KHs for their usual dosages of guilt tripping and admonitions of loyalty to the organization?

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

It sounds about right. All those people who avoid the elder's watchful eye by saying, 'Well, I'm reading all the mags still, etc.,' cannot do that anymore, and the elders can press the point of returning to the meetings with vigor.

JMO

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

IMO, the departure of the WT/Awake subscriptions has to do with us (apostates). They do not want us to cut and paste their own words against them in forums that are seen worldwide. Their push to get inactives involved again (again IMO) is because their numbers are going down. I think they have gotten themselves in a situation that they cannot explain away. Ie. they have printed many times about how Babylon the Great would be turned upon first, then they would turn against "God's people" but from what I see...they are being one of the first being attacked. First and foremost is the Roman Catholic Church for their coverups of Pedophiles in their ranks. I have seen 3 different religions being sued for this very same reason. Roman Catholics, Hare Krishnas, and JW's.

My question to them is:

If you are to be "the last" to be attacked...why are you one of the first ones being "attacked" and in the public eye for it?

• out4good3
    out4good3

If that's the case then I'll bet that WT CD will go the way of the secret elder book.

Gonna see if I can get my hands on teh latest version....

• TheStar
    TheStar

I totally agree with you Dazed. I think that is exactly why they suddenly stopped the subscriptions. I hope it makes them squirm a bit.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

I've been thinking that a lot of people may very well tolerate or even like JW's/Watchtower...as long as the books/mags come in the mail, as long as the JW's themselves stay at arm's length.

Now with JW's showing up on their doorstep twice or three or four times a month, waddyathink some of these people will do?

As far as stopping the mailing out of subscriptions, the whole thing may have been a bluff anyway. For all we know, even for FREEEEE subscribers might be dropping subsriptions like hot potatoes because of all the scandals. I haven't heard any complaints from my congregation about keeping up with the deliveries.

Their story originally was that they wanted to save money. Now what is circulating around my Hall and filtering from the platform is that personal home delivery of the mags is to supposed to generate bible studies. I'll let all of you know how THAT goes....

In 1975 a crack team of publishers was sentenced to death by a judicial commiteee. They promptly escaped from the cult and now live life on the run. If you have a problem ... and if you can find them ... maybe you can contact the A--postate Team"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit