Need help looking for scripture

by tif21 9 Replies latest jw friends

• tif21
    tif21

Can anyone tell me if there is a scripture that says no man knows the heart condition except Jah.

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

1 Samuel 16:7 speaks about this subject! :)

• Gayle
    Gayle

I just found a couple thru "Google." Acts 15:8 ! Chron. 28:9

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Luke 16:15 comes to mind : He said to them, "You are the ones who justify yourselves in the eyes of men, but God knows your hearts. What is highly valued among men is detestable in God's sight.

...and some oblique refs..............

Gen:6:5: And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Ps:7:9: Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end; but establish the just: for the righteous God trieth the hearts and reins.

Ps:17:3: Thou has proved mine heart; thou hast visited me in the night; thou has tried me, and shalt find nothing; I am purposed that my mouth shall not transgress.

Ps:19:14: Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Ps:26:2: Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart.

Ps:44:21: Shall not God search this out? for he knoweth the secrets of the heart.

Ps:66:18: If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:

Ps:95:10: Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways:

Ps:139:23: Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

Prov:24:12: If thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not; doth not he that pondereth the heart consider it? and he that keepeth thy soul, doth not he know it? and shall not he render to every man according to his works?

Mt:9:4: And Jesus knowing their thoughts said, Wherefore think ye evil in your hearts?

Mt:15:8: This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

Lk:16:15: And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

Lk:24:38: And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?

Ps:94:11: The LORD knoweth the thoughts of man, that they are vanity.

• mouthy
    mouthy

O.K. send your time into Bethel....

• N.drew
    N.drew

Good joke mouthy!

Gayle said "googled" it. That's what I do and nine out of ten times the scripture comes up on page one. Lots of people are googling the Bible!

• jam
    jam

The" Blue Bible" and type in key words.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I know that TimothyT cited this but I looked it up - the hard way - before I realised....so I am going to post it anyway!

1 Samuel 16.7 NIV

But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."

• tif21
    tif21

Thank you for your help. You guys are the best and keep me sane.

Mouthy you are right he should send his time to bethel.

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

1 Samuel 16:7 is a good scripture. :) I take a lot of personal comfort from it, knowing that whatever decision the JW elders decided to make regarding myself, Jehovah truly knows what Im really feeling. Here is another scripture to complement it:

1 Corinthians 4:3-5

3 I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself. 4 My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. 5 Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait until the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of the heart. At that time each will receive their praise from God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit