Clear distinction of people on JWN

by cptkirk 65 Replies latest jw experiences

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

This has been an interesting science project to say the least. Here is what I have learned:

you have about 6 types of people posting on JWN, they all fit into a profile.

#1 you have people like me that ran the race, exemplified conduct while in the JW cult and learned through observation that there was a severe disconnect between truth, and the JW cult's statements.

#2 you have the people from the JW cult who were failures, that could not reach the level that was expected, and they were just thrown out and are now bitter people clinging probably only to this web site for any kind of indentity. (these people you know well because no matter if your last post was 3 months ago, or 3 minutes ago, you know they will be responding, because they have nothing else to do with their time). no need to name them.

#3 you have outsiders coming here, probably looking to push one type of agenda or another, seeing ex-jw's as prime meat.

#4 you have just flat out sociopaths that are struggling at every possible level, believing demons are lurking in their room and talking to them, crazy shit like this. whether they were jws or not doesn't really matter, they are just looking really for a venue to feel like there are other people out there hearing voices and the like.

#5 then you have your closet jw who is going to meetings and the whole 9, but is doubting things so they figure this is a great venue where they won't feel like they are being judged for dissenting.

can probably throw in a #6 which is rare. people who were thrown out and then later realized the real deal, and moved on with their lives, functional lives. mainly it's people who have figured out on their own what was up, and left of their own volition, who are living normal lives now, so a #6 is probably rare.

pretty wild....i didn't realize(the scope of) how many deluded people were seeking help online....apparently some of them spill over into here. there is a debate within intellectual circles whether it's a good thing or a bad thing. we fear that if all of these people suffering from various forms of psychoses meet together at certain web forums, it will further reinforce their madness....the other side of the coin is that they will find relief, realizing other people are suffering from the same kinds of issues.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Oh I don't think #6 is all that rare.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

''can probably throw in a #6 which is rare. people who were thrown out and then later realized the real deal, and moved on with their lives, functional lives. mainly it's people who have figured out on their own what was up, and left of their own volition, who are living normal lives now, so a #6 is probably rare''.

Where do i fit in?

I left my wife and the WT after realizing i did not want to be a christian but still held they were the truth. After a while a got on with life, and made a good one. My coming here was the result of difficulties dealing with the ex and her use of the children to get to me. THEN i discovered the lie and have used all i have learned in the last two years to try and get my kids out.

''pretty wild....i didn't realize(the scope of) how many deluded people were seeking help online''

I dont actually like your alalisis kirk, it seems to place your type (#1) as the 'genuine' and everone else as kooks, and then a by the way, maybe a rare species # 6.

Oz

• Zordino
    Zordino

Kirk, you forgot born in's who where indoctrinated at an early age (they didn't stand a chance!) and once an adult they realize the Borg is a complete sham.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Maybe he should included a #7.

• cantleave
    cantleave

#1 here

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

A #8 should include folks who grew up JW, tried to be as good as they could be but nearly lost their minds trying to fit in and gave up because it was too depressing to stay in...

V665V665

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Amen Zordino. Those of Us "born ins" are screwed from birth.

Captain Kirk add a 7th category

• finallysomepride
  • bohm
    bohm

People with relatives who are in or Other indirect contact.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit