Time passing by

by buffalosrfree 3 Replies latest jw friends

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

I have been reading some posts about dubs being out in service and then it hit me. Watching them walk past is like watching Time Passing By. Seeing as how getting in the time is all they are really concerned with anyway. Just keep walking.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Buff,

An apt observtion. What field service means to the average dub is nothing more than a feel-good palliative aimed at easing the guilt heaped upon them by the incessant ``do more'' drumbeat of the meetings.

It along with their warming the seats for years at the interminable meetings at the KHs, is also for them an installment payment (in advance, of course) of their idyllic post-Armageddon homestead.

• ISP
    ISP

I agree...counting time is what its all about! In fact, the time reported by JWs is a complete distortion of the truth...ie what the actual time is witnessing to people.

ISP

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I can see two possible priorities here:

1. Spreading the kingdom news in order to save as many people as possible from destruction at Armageddon.

2. Get in as much time on their time sheet as possible while talking to as few people as possible.

Hmmmmmmm.

Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit