The Bible's Buried Secrets

by thetrueone 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

This Television documentary has some very interesting information about the ancient civilization of

the Hebrews/Judeans . I've seen when it aired a couple of years ago, so I thought I would post it

up for the folks here to have a look.

You can watch it full screen by just clicking the video when its playing, which will take you directly to Youtube.

There you can click the full screen Icon and your good to go.

Worthy to watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0vOQ035fKY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNsTJurjef0&feature=related

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

bookmarked

thanks

i will have to come back to it

• garyneal
    garyneal

markd

• irondork
    irondork

tagged

• cofty
    cofty

Added to "Watch Later" list on YouTube. Thanks

• Quentin
    Quentin

bttt

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

Thanks for posting this! The C14 dating for the wall of the palace of David dated c. 925 BC is consistent with the Biblical timeline that dates David during the same period and also dates the 1st of Cyrus to 455 BCE. That timeline uses the 709 BCE Assyrian solar eclipse to date everything from the Assyrian Period back to the Exodus. The current timeline uses the 763 BCE eclipse which forces David and Solomon to be dated 54 years too early. The C14 confirms this. So archaeology supports the true Biblical timeline but not the fake one.

Thanks, again, for posting the vids!

LS

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

So archaeology supports the true Biblical timeline but not the fake one.

Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. I haven't examined the archeology so I couldn't possibly pass a knowledgeable comment on it. However, I recognias bias when I read it.

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

Hi nicolaou,

Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. I haven't examined the archeology so I couldn't possibly pass a knowledgeable comment on it. However, I recognias bias when I read it.

Actually, at this point I usually take the higher road and just review the different theories. The fact is that scholars, experts in their fields, disagree with each other. It's not a big deal. The same evidence can be interpreted differently. There is lots of "flexibility" here. Case in point is Dame Kathleen Kenyon who dug up Jericho. She has a chapter in her book about the "Coming of the Israelites" and essentially assigns the destruction of LBA Jericho to the Israelites between 1350-1325 BCE. So that's an archaeological reference or an opinion that's out there. You need only note it. But that doesn't mean all other archaeologists agree with her.

I'm a chronologist and so date the Exodus to 1386 BCE and the fall of Jericho to 1346 BCE based on the the restoration of the Holy Land to the Jews on November 30, 1947. At this point, I merely observe that Kenyon's dating for the fall of Jericho match the 1947 jubilee dating timeline. It doesn't mean other timeline's do not exist. But in this case, "archaeology" does support the true Biblical timeline.

Same with C14 from that wall that is dated by Eliat Mazar to c. 925 BCE. Based on 1947 the rule of David would fall from 950-910 BCE, so per the Bible, combined with the C14 evidence, David would have indeed have built this wall.

But I can step back from being dogmatic about it and just observe the compability of this C14 reference with my own timeline assignments. So if you wish to consider this all relative and subjective, that's fine too. I'm just saying from my own perspective and Biblical chronology, archaeology is consistent in supporting my timeline, but not the popular timeline which dates David and Solomon some 54-60 years earlier than they should be.

Israel Finkelstein is a great archaeologist but he is not a chronologist. So basically I'm the one who has to tell the archaeologist what Bible chronology ooptions he must consider with the evidence.

Of course, Finkelstein is dishonest and inconsistent in application. He has the audacity to presume that Rameses II was the pharaoh of the Exodus, for instance. He then contrasts the archaeological dating from Hazor and Ai with that dating and confirms a conflict. Rameses II is said to have ended his reign in 1213 BCE. If that's the case, 1213 BCE would be the Exodus date and 480 years later would be the 4th of Solomon which would fall in 733 BCE. Thus the rule of Solomon would be from 737-697 BCE, and David's rule from 777-737 BCE. But we don't find Finkelstein comparing that timeline for David and Solomon to the archaeology. Instead, he dates David and Solomon to 1010-970 and 970-930 BCE, respectively. This dating for David and Solomon belong to another timeline entirely, one that dates the Exodus to 1446 BCE as is based on the Assyrian eponym eclipse dated to 763 BCE.

So it boils down to his using one timeline to make critical archaeological dating comparisons for the Exodus and another timeline for David and Solomon, but he doesn't explain that. The average reader wouldn't really know about this inconsistency. So that's why he's ignored for the most part as a biased researcher; he's not consistent. He plays the anti-Biblical game where he gets the most leverage, distorting the Bible's history as he goes along. So he's incompetent or dishonest. I mean, if you're going to push Rameses II down our throats as the logical Exodus pharaoh, then fine, follow through and date the entire timeline based on that reference.

So, again, at this point, what you do is just discuss the various theories academically. There is more than one Biblical timeline to be compared with the archaeology, including the timeline developed by JWs! JWs, for instance, date the rule of David some 67 years earlier than do the secular historians. The WTS begin the rule of David in 1077 BCE vs 1010 BCE. So, for instance, if the C14 is showing the walls in question to be built c. 925 BCE, then neither of these timelines are a good match for David. Secular historians date the Exodus either in 1446 BCE or during the time of Rameses II. The WTS dates the Exodus in 1513 BCE. My timeline, based on 1947 dates the rule of David, as I noted, from 950-910 BCE and that dating does match the C14 evidence for David building that wall.

So as a result, quite subjectively, the science supports the Bible, not all those erroneous timelines. But, again, note this is just an academic review of the evidence versus various ideas about the chronology. Finkelstein is not a chronologist. He uses whatever Biblical timeline he wishes to to make negative comparisons. He is not an authority in Biblical chronology. I am. Even so, at the end of the day, when the Biblical timeline is correct, the C14 from the walls of the City of David and from the fall of LBA Jericho match the Bible's timeline perfectly. So I'm happy. If others think archaeologists are honest and unbiased then that's their problem. This is a perfect example of how easy it is to fool the masses who lack the background in the topic. The WTS does the very same thing. They make false statements and establish a false premise and then go from there.

Anyway, the Exodus occured in 1386 BCE and per the dating for the fall of Jericho, that is correct. The rule of David was from 950-910 BCE and C14 from the walls of his city dated c. 925 BCE prove he built those walls. So the Bible is true. But you'd never know it listening to anti-Biblical archaeologists discussing these topics, like Israel Finkelstein, et al.

LS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit