An observation from fading

by fadinfast 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• fadinfast
    fadinfast

My wife and I have been fading / faded for many years now, it was made easier by an elder 'balls up' over a very serious matter [they say "you have a right to be angry, but you shouldn't loose Jehovah's favour by staying away from meetings, buuuut!!?.] Although I have reacted quite strongly to some elders who came by, even admitting to getting court cases off the 'internet', it was passed as 'he's angry'.

I had got to the point where I had decided I didn't care, I would just speak even more openly than I had been [and properly be d/f] when I observed the following happening:

As mentioned we have not been disfellowshiped, but are treated as such by most of the congregation, and by my wife's family who are nearly all in.

She has [immediate family] a brother who lives the other side of the country and is a pioneering MS, a brother who is a few hours drive away and has never been in, and her father and step mother, who live a full days drive away, who are both of the supposed anointed class. A while ago the father-in-law came down and stayed a couple of weeks+ with my non witness brother-in-law [which is good as he is a widow with a farm to run] but then he arrived at our door, both of us answered the door," Hi, come on in and have a cuppa" "No thanks got to be in xxxx by [sometime"] [ this was about three quarters of the way home where he had a bible study] This said whilst nervously going from one foot to the other. A few more quick words and he turned on his heel and nearly ran to the car.

I said to my wife "if that's an example of the extra love and Holy Spirit that breed is supposed to have/ show then I see more from our dog". She totally agreed.

We talk a lot and very freely with my brother-in-law [whom the father-in-law witness's to non-stop when he's there and on the phone] and when we told of the above he said 'I've got one word for them, [by them he meant the org as a whole] Hypocrites". Being a cattleman he has dealings with many, including not only locals but truckies from far off, so the hypocrite story has covered a fair area.

From the platform we were always told that our observable conduct / actions could win a soul over, its interesting to see the reverse, when their shunning / disfellowshiping policy works in reverse against them, and comes around and bites them in the bum. Any similar observations FF

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi fadinfast, I'm sorry for you and your wife's situation with her JW family and I'm glad that you and your wife are having as successful a fade from the WTBTS as possible. If you haven't read Steve Hassan's books (i.e., "Combatting Cult Mind Control" and "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves"), I would recommend that you read those books to help you communicate more effectively with your wife's JW family and to understand how powerful thought reform can be to control their behaviors and emotions. JWs are victims of the WTBTS.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• bennyk
    bennyk

My wife and I are likewise "faded". We have been subjected to shunning by numerous members of our former congregation(s), though not by all. It certainly does seem that the preemptive shunning works contary to the supposed goal of "restoring" the MIA's. Even the Society's worst threat -- DF'ing -- loses its teeth when all it means is that our one-time co-religionists will continue to carry on as they have been.

While shunning alleged "apostates" may protect the Flock from the truth regarding the Watch Tower Society, it appears quite the public relations gaffe when viewed from outside. But it may well be that the Society is far less interested in increasing the number of affiliates, than in retaining (most of) what they already have...

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

From the platform we were always told that our observable conduct / actions could win a soul over, its interesting to see the reverse, when their shunning / disfellowshiping policy works in reverse against them, and comes around and bites them in the bum. Any similar observations

For as much as we were led to believe that the world was taking their stand for or against "God's Organization", most people don't think of JWs at all. In today's world, the JW cult is completely irrelevant to everyone except for the unfortunates that are in, or have family/friends that are infected with the disease.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises
    I said to my wife "if that's an example of the extra love and Holy Spirit that breed is supposed to have/ show then I see more from our dog".

LOL!

I had a similar experience out shopping last week. Bumped into 2 JWs I've known all my life. The checkout boy gave me a more sincere smile than those two hypocrites could muster.

• fadinfast
    fadinfast

Even the Society's worst threat -- DF'ing -- loses its teeth when all it means is that our one-time co-religionists will continue to carry on as they have been.

Bennyk your so right there. That is why I said 'I would speak even more openly than I had been [and properly be d/f] When I mentioned it to my wife she replied "wont make much difference my family hardly talks to us now".

But it may well be that the Society is far less interested in increasing the number of affiliates, than in retaining (most of) what they already have... those who do enter 'into bondage' is just a bonus.

Billy is completely irrelevant couldn't agree more.

BP Its sad to think, they think they are showing "the world' how God teaches them how to act, but never stop to observe themselves. All part of the master plan really , keep busy serving us and you wont notice your own actions. FF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit