Trustees Who Foresee the "Old System" Lasting Beyond 2032?

by JWB 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JWB
    JWB

THE NORTH LONDON ASSEMBLY HALL OF JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES REPORT 2010:

[PAGE 4]

"Reserves Policy

"The Trustees foresee the need to maintain reserves against:

"1. The replacement of fixtures and fittings at the Assembly Hall to keep it in an appropriate condition for the holding of religious meetings.

"2. Either renewal of the lease or obtaining the freehold when the lease of the building expires in 2032. (The extent of this requirement for reserves is uncertain at present, pending review of the legal and commercial situation with property consultants, but the sum required is likely to be substantial.)"

-

[PAGE 9]
    "5. MISCELLANEOUS ITEMS

"In 2009/10 this includes a sum of £8,433 for legal and other consultancy regarding the possibility of acquiring the freehold for the Hall."

-

Emphasis mine.

Charity number 1117465, report 2010:

www.charity-commission.gov.uk/Accounts/Ends65/0001117465_AC_20100831_E_C.PDF

• JWB
  • blondie
    blondie

Two mounting proofs for Armageddon in 2034: 'just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of Man will be', 120 years preaching (1914+120=2034); 'time of the end' to last two *overlapping* (70-year Ps 90:10) generations, (2x60)+1914=2034

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Apostates! Disfellowship the lot of them!

How DARE they lose their sense of urgency. Now is the Time of the End.

We all know that Armageddon is coming SOON ... Shortly, Imminent, "this world's days are numbered", "fast approaching", "at the threshold", " rapidly approaching ", "drawing near", "as the end draws near" … etc, infinitum ad nauseum ...

• JWB
    JWB

Yes, Blonde this calculation is something that I'd thought about many years ago, what with the 1914 pivotal date coupled with "as the days of Noah were..." And then there was the autumn of 1974 and the number of years Adam was on his own in the garden of Eden; would that be 30 years (maturity?) = 2004, or maybe 40 years (a biblical judgement period?) = 2014? Although I was told recently by an elderly JW that "it's not long now"!

Funny, this reminds me of a book I saw on the shelf of my central library back in the late 90's. I think it may have been "Armageddon AD 2033 Facts On Bible Time Prophecies" by John Denton.

I just wonder how much the extended lease or freehold acquisition is going to cost? Is it worth all that money for just two years use? However, it could be that the Assembly Hall will be protected and preserved through Armageddon (unlike all those false religious buildings that will probably be destroyed by thunderbolts). Then it will be available throughout the thousand year reign. So probably it would be a good investment after all?

• Atlantis
  • Wishididntknow
    Wishididntknow

Thanks Atlantis, Interesting read.

• Rob Crompton
    Rob Crompton

It's not that those trustees foresee the "old system" lasting that long - that may do, but that isn't the point. UK charity law requires registered charities to have such a reserves policy statement. It's because charities are not supposed to build up capital reserves which are not earmarked for specific purposes identified as the aims of the charity. The same thing applies to all charities of whaever sort. So you should find that every KH has such a reserves policy where it has money in excess of if immediate needs. Fail to draw up such a policy and they stand in danger of losing their charitable status.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

If a JW buys a house in the USA, they will have 30 year agreement to keeping paying for their mortgage if they want to stay in the house "forever". It is all in paper for them too.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

You see this in other ways as well. For example:

How many JWs out there turn down the 401k ( or other pension plans) from their employers? Clearly if you are not close to retirement, and in view of the imminent end of this system, shouldn't you turn it down, and receive a little extra money on your paycheck now? Even if the extra money is used to fund the worldwide work?

I invite all zelous JWs to cancel their pension plans or cash them in, and use the extra money to help the organization. Put your money where your mouth is..

Hmm, this just gave me a topic of conversation for next time a Dubb rings my bell.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit