Preaching and Those With a "Right Heart Condition"

by thinking_1 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thinking_1
    thinking_1

aka "Gullible, Unquestioning, and at least somewhat Uneducated"

This is one of those lines that really helps out when a JW runs into someone who know what they're talking about.

Whether it's the Bible, or scientific matters, or anything else where someone thy're talking to doesnt' agree with the teachings of "the slave", and has good reasonable points that they are trying to get across.

By telling the flock, and in turn the flock telling themselves that it's because of the persons "heart condition" and not their inability to accept the poor explanations and reasoning required to think like a Jw, it insulates them from hearing too many facts that the teaching can't stand up to.

When they (probably unconsciously) sense that they are losing in a discussion, they can always tell themselves that the other person is unreasonable or has that pesky "bad heart".

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Exactly, thinking-1!

Now I can see why the jws who conducted my "bible study" suggested that I pray for a good heart. And there i was thinking my heart was OK!

Another thing that helps to form a good heart condition is feeling depressed, lonely or otherwise needy; looking for an outside solution to problems rather than tackling them. I think jws are trained to hone in on this. . .

• Fernando
    Fernando

Preaching religion = proselytising = sponsored by the "god of religion" (Matt 23:15).

Preaching the full unabridged "good news" = evangelising = sponsored by the "God of Abraham"

Watchtower followers claim to be "publishers of the good news" is false - they publish religion instead (supremacist self-righteousness achieved by following the "right" rules, morals, doctrines/dogma, and knowledge). Whilst more than half the Bible's 152-odd references to the "good news" are by Paul, Watchtower religionists are unable to explain the "good news" according to Paul. This is not a mere accident!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Those with the "right" heart condition are going to fall for scams. They generally know nothing about the real message of Jesus, and little about the Bible. For sure, they are not on solid footing. They lack the ability to do their own thinking, let alone to be their own spiritual guides. Not only are they not capable of self-guidance, they are not willing to let Jesus lead them to the point of self-guidance.

Rather, they are lazy to the point where they want others to do their own thinking. Virtually everyone that was recruited (except those recruited under force or threats) was lazy at that point when they agreed to a study. Instead of checking the whole Bible in context, they blindly followed whatever the study book led them. Admittedly, when confronted with such a shortcut, it is human nature to take the easy out and just use the book. And, until the mid 1990s, access to knowledge was limited to those books, books from the library, and whatever they stumbled on. Very few could even know about the existence of Crisis of Conscience, The God Virus, and other material that leads them to at least ask questions.

Those that fit this category are often under duress, leading to this kind of laziness. It is rare to find someone that just lost a family member (especially a child, and especially if it was to violence), is under extreme physical duress, or that Jehovah has successfully prevented from succeeding in society that is willing and able to expend the work needed to research the Bible itself. Usually, they will default to using the Suffer Forever, False Knowledge, or Washtowel Teach books as their template and using the Bible only to back up the book. And especially if they also have limited or no experience with the Bible or other religions.

• jay88
    jay88

Those that fit this category are often under duress, leading to this kind of laziness. It is rare to find someone that just lost a family member (especially a child, and especially if it was to violence), is under extreme physical duress, or that Jehovah has successfully prevented from succeeding in society that is willing and able to expend the work needed to research the Bible itself. Usually, they will default to using the Suffer Forever, False Knowledge, or Washtowel Teach books as their template and using the Bible only to back up the book. And especially if they also have limited or no experience with the Bible or other religions.

This bears repeating,.....and in some way needs to be made into its own thread.

• designs
    designs

Are you a 'Deserving One', how's that for a totally creepy way to insulate the JWs.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

WTWizard is right on.. It is a lazy way to 'learn'....

It was good talking with you the other night... I thought about how much tougher it must have been being an Elders son and all..

my dad was Df'd for smoking... thank God!!!

• cedars
    cedars

Does anyone else remember the three H's? Honest, hungry and humble.

Should really be the three I's - Ignorant, Illiterate and Internet-free!

Cedars

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Yes well we used to say that if someone progressed in their study it was because God was calling him in and making the way for him.?????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit