Struggling

by Alive! 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• Alive!
    Alive!

Thank you again to Simon and et al for this space to write.

I feel guilty if people go to the trouble of reading my vent - you all have enough on your plates. Having said that - this is helping me through a bad few hours where several things came to a head. So forgive me if I keep tapping.

By the I have started volunteering, and LOVE it. Thanks for the heads up though - I knew I needed to make myself feel valuable and with purpose.

i don't do rejection well - I really don't.

I don't think anyone does rejection "well" - but in my case, the sting of rejection taps into an old childhood issue.

Two of my closest friends who have been wonderful to me in the past -( and I hope I have cared for them through the years ) have said that it's hard to maintain a relationship with me as I have been offensive about the Slave. I showed them a series of issues with intellectual dishonesty in the magazines, these issues were brought to my attention by a recipient of my preaching work a few years ago. LOL. Trinity brochure, Creation book etc.

What really got me was my trusted friends' complete refusal to admit to a problem.

Instead, one accused me of being ungrateful to Jehovah by rejecting his 'bread' or criticising it. That hurt. I am a people pleaser it would seem - being reviled and having my character undermined hurts and I find it hard to not let the sting undermine my inner sense of self.

I haven't handled all this entirely well I have to admit - but you know, I kind of guessed that one way or the other, our absence meant we were dead meat.

I have presented criticisms and exposed problems as in " how would an outsider see this?"

People are desperately tired of religion - we held up this "faith" as the only hope - and then we give them evidence of not having Holy Spirit... by biblical standards.

People deserve better than this. Becoming JW is not like becoming a Christian.

i experienced an outpouring of criticism and self defence, ending with them proudly announcing that at least "they held fast to loyalty".

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Sorry, I sound bitter. I don't think I am though - I'm hurt to the core..

It does hurt to discover how fragile JW "friendships" really are.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

I've been there too with the false friends. They disappear lightning quick.

magnum I just want to say that that pizza/blood illustration is just extremely good.

• Alive!
    Alive!

Yes, Magnum's pizza and blood illustration is brilliant! LOL.

• rebel8
    rebel8

These are mean people who suck at being human beings.

Have you thought of trying meetup.com? Are there any clubs or "senior centers" near you that you could join? Even if you don't make lifelong, deep friendships, at least you will pass the time doing something positive and having a social life.

• Alive!
    Alive!

Thank you for your suggestions Rebel - and others who responded.

i love the suggestion to find a seniors group - LOL.

i hadn't thought of myself as being that bracket!

Anyway, I know the only way forward is to build a new life.

We are still repairing from a lot of grief - and probably best at making new friends once we feel stronger.

Still too much JW air around us.

• Alive!
    Alive!

Well, it's a few hours since I logged on.

Thank you so much for the helpful responses.

I have just spent two days in bed. Feeling depressed. Just feeling everything but good things.

My life is not one big sad story and neither is my future.

I guess I'm just processing this transition.

I do have much to look forward to - but as you all know, it's no small thing to have your beliefs die on you...and to lose your "life" as you knew it in the process.

I felt suicidal this morning - just felt it, had no plans to action it.

It's these feelings of unreality that get me. I know you'll all understand.

Having this place to write in has helped me through the past hours.

Just glad I'm not passing on this nightmare to another soul by preaching the spurious good news of the WTBS.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Hello Alive!

Best wishes and sincere love from the other side of the world!

I understand exactly what you have written about. Many of us realise that "friendships" were never genuine, but were conditional in the org.

I wrote a thread about this some time back:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/281071/have-no-real-friends

Also, witnesses speak about "unity", when what is really meant is "uniformity"

There is no room for Real friendships or open sincere communication.....(and isn't communication the very foundation of a real friendship??!!)

Hence, no real relationships are ever forged in the "truth".... Only superficial "friends"exist that will drop one in a heartbeat.....

• millie210
    millie210

Alive,

So many things you have written really resonate with me. I was deeply touched over what you wrote about young people and the Org. You were exactly right. What organization that lays claim to love as its identifying mark eats its young like this one?

I hope that you will stick around here and keep writing. I read here for a long time before I began to be part of the conversation and I have to say that I felt so much encouragement and support here.

I eventually got to the point where I started to see people as real and warm and caring on the basis of who they were - not according to what religion they were.

Its a whole new and wonderful way of looking at life.

One of the things posters here told me is that it gets better.

The grief, the hurt, the feelings of having lost something, will be replaced.

What replaces them will be much nicer than anything that came before.

You know what? Those posters were right!

So just keep walking forward. Its all going to work out well for you.

• clarity
    clarity

A bit late to your post but want to say welcome to you both. It is a terrible thing to have our hopes & all the special events that we looked forward to dashed to pieces by fact & reality! When I suspected the worse my new computer never cooled off for 2 years! Omg ......maddening to prove over and over again how wrong on so many levels all those prophecies & predictions are. All that proto type, anti type bla bla .........and the children .....the children that watchtower was so proud to display on the cover of the awake ....that died for lack of medical attention, telling parents that they pleased god well! The thousands of witness children & young adults who were raped by their elders and in many cases their witness fathers! Disgusting...... imagine those children having to sit in the audience and listen to those hypocrites.

Congratulations to you for waking-up, it took me many wasted years also. At the moment watchtower has stolen MY children....... they have been taught to hate & shun even a mother & grandmother who will not be controlled by watchtower.

"We invested in a "family" that is not family unless you swallow the same lies and deceits"

This very promise of a family, "mothers & fathers & sisters & brothers" is how they hooked me! Big mistake on my part!

Hang in there you two, things will be more tolerable soon. Most days I don't remember any of it and am totally out of the mind control.

All the very best to you ...don't waste a minute more ....begin your new life.

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit