Southwest Ohio Assembly Fund

by 2tone 4 Replies latest jw friends

• 2tone
    2tone

There was an article awhile back that talked about the London, Ohio and Indianapolis, Indiana assembly being sold. There are going to build a new in southwest ohio near cincinatti.

The indianapolis isnt sold. I just drove by it today and its got a for sale sign on it. Pretty funny seeing a huge for sale sign on a assembly hall.

Anyways. I did some calulations. This building will serve around 30,000 people. The building cost about 9 million. There expecting about 300 per person to contribute to this building. Well its been about six months for my hall. They contribute a little over 1000 dollars. So in a six month period 120 publisher contributed 1000 dollars. When in fact my hall needs to contribute there 36000 that they owe the watchtower. I assume a talk will becoming our way soon to give more money in order to complete this project. Also, they havent even begun construction. They havent even purchased land yet. There just collecting money. Interesting

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

A little off-topic. But I was at the London assembly hall, and they had this mini museum type thing that actually had all the pyramid predictions and diagrams from Russell. they also had original cross/crown pins and such. I was surprised how open they were about the pyramid stuff. But as I said, that was off topic.

NC

• sinis
    sinis

Hmmmm, feed my family, pay the bills, make the mortgage, have some fun.... or donate $300.00 of my hard earned dollars to the WTS - wherein I probably make so little every year anyways, I can't claim the deduction? Yea, thats a no brainer... I don't blame these people. If the average wage for a person in this economy is around $8.00 an hour, according to several stats, and taking into consideration that most Dubs are at the low end of the financial totem pole, that means that the WTS wants each dub to donate 37.5 hours of their work life - and thats per person!! So now, a family of 3, lets say, with both mom and dad working at $8.00 an hour means that they have to donate $900.00 dollars or 56.25 collective work hours... yea, I somehow don't think thats going to happen...

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

It's incomprehesible to me that the Org would make people contribute this amount of money to build a convention hall. At a time when they are selling their property in Brooklyn for an exorbitant amount of money, why not use a small portion of that to fund this?

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

The London Assembly hall is likewise still unsold and being used as usual. There is no for sale sign there, yet.

The land for the new assembly hall planned near Cincinnati Ohio has not been purchased. There is no word yet that any purchase of land is imminent, nor has a specific site been chosen yet.

As far as the 'fund' is concerned, I highly doubt there is any specific fund set aside for this. The money received is most probably just another donation to the Society.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit