by admirmitch 5 Replies latest jw friends

• admirmitch
  • Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

try google chrome

• admirmitch
    admirmitch

Sorry, posted originally in IE.

In short, I'm a long time lurker, first time poster. I've really learned quite a bit looking over the information on this board. In short, thanks in advance to all who have posted. I've had the JWs coming to my house for the past four months. I have had four trips in the past 7 months. The trainee brings a different mentor everytime. They have left frustrated everytime when I give a simplistic answer based upon the Bible. The last trip it was "incidental" that the local elder was sent out.

I asked how can Jesus be Michael in light of the following verses:

Daniel 10.13

Matthew 28.18

1 Corinthians 6.3

Jude 9

Revelation 12.7

Typical fashion, it was sidestepped. I tried to ask the thinking questions and use "love" but received hate, skipping answers, etc. in response. I did force them to stick and give a few responses to which it was not appreciated much at all. My question is, where to go since as long as the elder comes out, nothing will get accomplished. Also, I would like to privately PM an ex-JW that would be possibly interested in sharing their testimony.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome to the board. Glad to have you join us.

You sound like you are going to help a few that
    are trapped in a cult escape .....Good work

Grace Gough > mouthy

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Welcome, admirmitch!

I'm another non-jw who has had several months of "Bible" "study" ( )

In the end, they'll dismiss you as "bad association" and cling to their beliefs - but hopefully you'll leave them with some niggling doubts.

Good luck!

Retro

• talesin
    talesin

mouthy, you have a PM... love you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit