some help please....

by lavendar 4 Replies latest jw friends

• lavendar
    lavendar

I would like to email some (hopefully) "eye-opening" information to my JW family member....and I would like to do this ANONYMOUSLY. I have opened another generic email account. Could someone please tell me:

1) can emails somehow be traced back to the sender??

2) any suggestions on eye/brain-opening information about the Borg that I could email to my family member??

Family member has been in the Org for years, so the honeymoon love-bombing phase is over. I'm hoping he may now be more open to the real truth about the Org.

THANK YOU for any help you can provide me!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Email can be traced back, but the average person wouldn't know how to do it. An anonymous gmail account or similar might do the trick. But it might not get past their SPAM filter or they might not even read it.

Regular snail mail can be more anonymous. But there will probably be a postmark showing its point of origin. That may or may not give you away. I know where I live, if I just drop something in the mailbox the postmark will indicate it came from two counties over even if I'm just sending it next door.

If you handwrite the address, they may recognize your hand.

As for WHAT to send, discussing doctrine usually just puts up barriers unless you are aware of a particular point they may already be questioning. For me, when I was still "IN" I had a number of questions, but the tipping point for me was when I found out about the UN/NGO controversy.

Have you read Steven Hassan's books? I recommend Releasing the Bonds. He recommends some strategies for reaching cult members.

00DAD

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Instead of being anonymouse, ask him to help you understand a tricky doctrine or some dishonesty in a recent magazine, maybe the two recent 607 Watchtowers.

They have to dig their own hole, throw themselves in it and drag themselves out. You can't do that for them by inundating them with info that you think is relevent. They are taught to not read anything from opposers, or talk to opposers. Material from apostate sources are the scariest for them.

Only work with Watchtower literature, anything that is quoted by that literature and anything you know they trust, like dictionaries etc.. Try to get him to supply the literature and information.

Their primary doctrine is that the WT was selected by Jesus in 1919 to be Jehovah's sole channel of communication. As long as they believe that, the WT has control over them. Every question you ask should chip away at some aspect of that doctrine, hence my suggestion of the 607 WTs.

Keep it to one question at a time to keep him focused. JWs thrive on distraction. Distracting you and themselves. Don't offer any, don't fall for any.

He is taught that he has a message that can save you from a killer god. Encourage him to save you. Ask all of your questions in a way that really makes him want to have a sensible answer for you.

Good luck

Chris

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Make sure you read this thread to get some insight into what you are up against

Cut from the same cloth

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

Black Sheep, the link didn't seem to work. I'll try posting it again here:

Cut from the same cloth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit