Who Knew: Failed Doomsday Prophecies (Video)

by 00DAD 8 Replies latest jw friends

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Mayan Calendar, Harold Camping, William Miller and the Great Disappointment and more ...

Who Knew? - Failed Doomsday Prophecies

• venetian
    venetian

Thanks for that 00DAD, I hope my brother sees it. He's totally buys into the 21st Dec thing and is quite convinced that alien visitations are imminent.

www.thegalacticfederationoflight.info

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Venetian, I saw the other thread on which you posted about your brother. You really should consider getting him some help. The most important thing you could do is get him to think. Show him his belief isn't unique. Show him the dangers the other groups faced (Jonestown, kool-aid drinkers, etc.)

Ask him to try and convince you why you should believe in what he believes. Go through a step-by-step analysis and identify the logical fallacies in his arguments.

I wish you all the best.

• venetian
    venetian

Thank you Knowsnothing I appreciate it. I am in regular contact with him and am continuing to research what he believes. Videos like the one posted all add to my armoury.

x

• 00DAD
    00DAD

JWs are funny things ... I asked my son (who is currently IN) what he thought of the whole Harold Camping thing. He said, "They must be on crack to believe that stuff!"

I then asked him why in the world did he think Mr. Camping's followers would CONTINUE to follow him after both of his prophecies FAILED to come true?

He said with more than a hint of irritation in his voice, "I already told you, they must be on crack!"

Thank you Steven Hassan for suggesting how to plant seeds of cognitive dissonance .... now wait for it ... wait for it ....

• Ding
    Ding

That's different, OODad.

The GB speaks for Jehovah.

They told us so.

And it must be true because they are Jehovah's spirit directed organization.

They told us so.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Ding, thank you for setting me straight. What WAS I thinking! ...

• Ding
    Ding

That's okay, OODad.

Even Thomas had doubts.

Just put in an extra 10 hours of field service this month and all will be forgiven.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Ding, I'll get right on it. BTW, I now put in all my Field Service following the example of my leader ... invisibly!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit