Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 01-22-2012 WT Study (HELP MEN)

by blondie 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Room 215
    Room 215

and on and on it goes, study article after study article, foisting a totally unnatural, unappealing lifestyle on the flock, behavior manipulation via guilt, fear, mind-numbing repetition and bogus uber-phony "real-life examples" of JWs turning their backs on a normal life ... it seems they've all but abandoned the publishing of study articles on doctrinal issues and/or prophecy that were so frequent 30 or do years ago..

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There are numerous problems with this article. First, it encourages men to neglect their family (financially). Suppose they give up their jobs so they can pious-sneer. That is going to create much suffering in the family--they are in derelict of duty. And men that are single neglecting themselves so they can pious-sneer and/or join the Value Destroyer Training School are rewarding Jehovah Baghead for their enforced celibacy plus making themselves a financial liability to the congregation.

The article also contains the "Jehovah did it for these people; therefore, he will do it for you" argument. This logic is pure rubbish! How many people do something for one person, for whatever reason, but would not do the same for just anyone? What would stop Jehovah from refusing to help you out, just because you need a personal and not spiritual blessing or because he is an Almighty Lowlife Scumbag? Nothing.

I might also add a major puzzle. Jesus was a master Christian--no one would argue with that. And so were the likes of the apostles, Paul, Timothy, Barnabus, and Silas. They preached through Asia Minor--places like northern Africa (Egypt, in particular), Saudi Arabia, Israel, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, and Afghanistan. Since they were all masters at evangelizing, WHERE ARE ALL THE CHRISTIANS IN THAT REGION TODAY?

• ziddina
    ziddina

Thanks, Forever Scarred!!

I do my best...

And WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!!

• Mall Cop
  • ziddina
    ziddina
    "I might also add a major puzzle. Jesus was a master Christian--no one would argue with that. And so were the likes of the apostles, Paul, Timothy, Barnabus, and Silas. They preached through Asia Minor--places like northern Africa (Egypt, in particular), Saudi Arabia, Israel, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, and Afghanistan. Since they were all masters at evangelizing, WHERE ARE ALL THE CHRISTIANS IN THAT REGION TODAY? ..." WTWizard

EXCELLENT point, WTWizard!!

Good eyes!!

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Thank you once again, blondie.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Fear of men (whimps), Addicted to gambling, tobacco, drugs (losers), Feelings of inadequacies ( moody) Well, that just about sums it up. That is the summary of the men out there. We don't foster that thinking and conduct in our organization.

• Godsendconspirator
    Godsendconspirator

While at that meeting, it was so obvious that WTS was going under. The elder conducting the meeting straight forwardly said a few times: "People. We need brothers." I also find it hilarious how tomorrow I'm going over the first part of the baptism questions with that brother. Haha. Seriously in the last 2 years, only sisters were baptized. I'm considered the "all-star" of the congregation because I've been studying for almost 2 years now and "progressed quickly". Found out all the lies a few months ago but still here for some odd reason.

I haven't even studied the baptism questions for tomorrow but considering how desperate the organization seems, I'll probably get baptized anyway.

I have a friend in the spanish congregation. She says there's more people leaving than coming in. It's just a bunch of elderly people and then 2 teenagers.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Ah, GodSendConspirator....

I don't know whether getting baptised is such a good idea...

I haven't read all of your posts so I don't know if you've posted your "story", but....

Do you have family who are Jehovah's Witnesses???

Are you getting baptised for them?

If not, then WHY join a group of strangers who are definitely in an excessively-controlled religion???

Just wondering...

Zid

• Godsendconspirator
    Godsendconspirator

I'm still new to this site so no one really knows my "story". I can't say it's as long as everybody else's but I do have a story. But to be honest, I did love the religion and did strive my hardest from the beginning to study and to become a witness because I thought that's what God wanted. I have no family in the organization whatsoever. I grew up Catholic. My family was actually opposed to my studying in the first place. First thing they told me, was actually "Don't get baptized." I'm not baptized but I did consider myself a witness and I'm the only Witness in the family.

I'm 2 months short of turning 19 years old. To be honest, the congregation I'm in are actually quite different than others I visited and heard about. It has a nice mix of people in age, ethnicities, backgrounds, etc. We all hang out pretty frequently, have a good time, I tell my 'apostate jokes' (subtly try to get their minds going), everybody laughs. Can't say there's a whole lot of trouble in the congregation. They're not really strangers (but I'm not really baptized or disfellowedshipped so what do I know).

But really, I think why I'm still in it is because I'm just afraid of losing 2 of my closests friends. I knew them in high school, before studying. They were always different. I'm not sure if right now is the best time to tell my story because they affected my life in a big way but they were different to me than other people. Plus my bible teacher. He's about 8 years older than me but me and him are like brothers. It's that type of friendship where first thing we do when we see each other is hurl insults. The elders see it as normal now. And even though we fight a lot, he helped me through a lot of stuff, not just with organizations stuff but as a friend. We constantly joke around, fight (sometimes even physically), taught me, been there for me and in whatever he's like my big brother.

So that's why I'm still here. I could lose contact with my congregation, that's fine. But losing those 3 people would hurt. But you are right Zid. I have no excuse. Not when everybody else has more worries and went through more trials than me. And I guess I'm pretty lucky or blessed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit