What is theocratic warefare according to the watchtower bible and tract society?

by koolaid-man 6 Replies latest jw friends

• koolaid-man
  • ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

There are some good answers there! I bookmarked the page in case there are others who contribute. I have been very interested in the Theocratic Warfare that JW's use, as my Mother has been using it on me, thinking that her outright lies are justified. It just shows how twisted JW's really are. I am looking forward to comments from others on here and learning of their own personal experiences.

This is a very good topic, and I thank you for bringing it up! I pray that the usual bashers don't hijack this thread as it is a very good one.

All the best to you!

CJ

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

I always thought lying is wrong (according to the Bible). The only two options one has: Speak the truth, or say nothing. The one quote: Throwing your pearls before the swine, has absolutely nothing to do with lying or speaking the truth.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

It means avoiding confrontational or objectionable questioning about any of the WTS. doctrinal teachings.

And if any posed question does arise that would reveal the WTS. organization in bad light or harm the image of the organization,

such as being a false prophet, than JWS should protect the image of the organization by quantifying lie if necessary.

Its just another way the WTS. mentally indoctrinates people (brainwashes) people in how to respond to objective questioning about the JWS preaching.

And it works, there have been many JWs come to this forum, who come to preach or think they can substantiate

WTS. doctrines to only abruptly turn a blind eye to hard opposing questioning. Their brains and mouths go into immediate shut down mode.

The WTS. leaders themselves will deliberately avoid questions where they cant come up with a solid truthful answer.

For example = wasn't calculating the date of Christ's establishment of his heavenly kingdom (1914) by using numbers, going beyond

what is written in the bible and actually going against Christ's instructions concerning the exact time of his return ?

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Good points, Trueone. I love reasoning on "confrontational and objectionable" questions. In the end, that's how one gets to the bottom of things, i.e., to the truth. Unfortunately that won't allow you to win a popularity contest amongst the Witnesses. Back to the thread, I always believed in time of persecution, you do not reveal the location of your family and friends by saying not sayng anything. What would be the purpose of lying?

I remember in the original Guardian-article on JWs being part of the UN, an internal document the WTBT describes its policy as a "theocratic war strategy." It claims: "In time of spiritual warfare it is proper to misdirect the enemy by hiding the truth. It is done unselfishly; it does not harm anyone; on the contrary it does much good." This is evil, bordering on wickedness.

So in this way you are allowed to sell your birthright for a pont of lentil stew, I mean a library card.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Excuse the spelling. To add: I real "opening of the eyes"-moment for me.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

It claims: "In time of spiritual warfare it is proper to misdirect the enemy by hiding the truth

Isn't that just a nicer way of saying go ahead and lie, will back you up.

it does not harm anyone; on the contrary it does much good.

How deviously wrong is that when the information could harm both parties, the giver and the receiver.

But ah yes it does support the WTS. nevertheless and thats whats really important to the WTS.

What this really is a indication of is just how the WTS. exploits and manipulates people in the proliferation of its own published works.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit