"Fear of Men, Women." Are you afraid to speak out, for fear of being shunned?

by Bubblegum Apotheosis 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

When you read through the posts on JWN, do you hold back your true feelings (bite your keyboard tongue) or speak up? Reading through the last few hundred posts, it's surprising you allow people to say some whacked S*&T, without calling them on their nonsense. The qoute by Edmund Burke "For evil to triump, all it takes is good men (women) to do (say) nothing!

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

What in particular, do you think is objectionable?

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

If you mean the resident crazies on here then you will notice some have been here for many years. Over this period they have been called out on their nonsense and will continue to be called on it.

Due to their mental illnesses they cant be reasoned with. Period. Hence now and again the ones calling them on it get tired and dont bother for a bit.

Feel free to take up the slack yourself though instead of bitching about it here.

Otherwise this is a pretty laid back site and mental freedom and tolerance is encouraged..

However there's plenty of new nutcases on here recently as well. And no, my tolerance level is not high at all and my Bullshit meter is set on max at all times.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Yeah, it's ironic that the WT frequently uses the "Fear God, Not Men" slogan to manipulate JWs into submitting to WT Doctrine. In the end, what is supposed to be actions motivated by loyalty to God are in reality motivated by fear of men, fear of being expelled from the congregation and shunned for having the personal strength of character to say or even think that a lot of the things taught by the WTBTS do not make any sense, are contradictory, hurtful and just plain wrong!

• justmom
    justmom

Excuse my ignorance but..........

how can there be fear of being shunned by people who 99.9% we have NEVER had eye contact with or dealt with face to face? Or actually (not to seem insensitive) but really don't particulary care what they think. It is nothing compared to what we face or lose inside the organization when we step up to the plate and speak out.

justathought

justmom

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit