JW's Vs the grand canyon

by highdose 5 Replies latest jw friends

• highdose
    highdose

The grand Canyon, carved out by immense geological forces during an ice age.

Boulders the sizes of small houses lying around in feilds and valleys

Parts of scotland now in Canada

How do the JW's explain away this plainly obvious fact? Ok they could use the arguement of the flood. But then to have forces that strong that they can carve out canyons, spilt up countires to the other side of the world and cart huge boulders around would require a sea of such force that theres no way an ark could ever survive it.

This is somthing that always puzzled me as a jw. Now days i am taking a fresh new interest in nature and seeing it the right way for once!

• cofty
    cofty
    Parts of scotland now in Canada

Are they nice parts? Could we have them back now please?

Its a good point, they throw around the idea of the flood to cover all anomalies without understanding anything about it. I shudder when I think what I used to beleive.

• ballistic
    ballistic

One of the worst things about being brought up as a child Jehovahs Witness, is you are told things like;'fossils on top of mountains proves the flood', and you accept it as proof, and yet at the same time dismiss the other implications of such a fact. Science has come a long way in the last 100 years and humankind knows a lot more for sure than we did then...

• highdose
    highdose

cofty, yes the people who stuided these things have discovered that the same mountain ranges found in scotland are also forming a part of canada too. in other words they got ripped off scotland and taken to cananda

• St George of England
    St George of England

Just the result of a 'no education' policy for its members.

George

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Ancient mythological stories told thousands of years ago to create relevance of power to a specific god (YAHWEH) is all believers are

required so that is all they pursue.

It is clearly recognizable how religion is truly respsonclibe for retaining and sustaining mankind's past ignorances of the world

in which we live in. It is also no surprise that religions like the JWS try to curtail knowledge when that knowledge

has the potential to destroy their own personal stature of which they build themselves upon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit