CBS Nightly news re: pedophiles in Catholic church

by sf 8 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sf
    sf

They are talking about Enron now, yet the pedophile story is coming up; if you haven't already seen it here on the west coast. (it is 6:33 pm now),

You're welcomed.

sKally

If man was supposedly created in gods image, then.....holy krap...we're all doomed.-sKallyWagger

• sf
    sf

!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

HA-HA!Smart ass.Thanks skally...OUTLAW

• sf
    sf

Boy, I could swear they were talking about the Watchtower. So many similarities. Ten million doled out in lawsuits already.

Yes, my ass is very Smart. Thanks for noticing.

Teddy and Slickdick and Ciro...RUN!

sKally

If man was supposedly created in gods image, then.....holy krap...we're all doomed.-sKallyWagger

• waiting
    waiting
    Ten million doled out in lawsuits already.

I thought the number was waaaaaaaaay higher than that - as some cases have already been settled in the millions of dollars, and these types of settlements have been going on for nearly two decades......and these are only the ones that weren't sworn to secrecy in the settlement.

waiting

"The times, they are a-changin'"

• simplesally
    simplesally

My mother quit donating to the Catholic church and stopped attending their services when she found out that their donations went to the Archdiocese which then paid out the lawsuits and continued supporting the priests without defrocking them.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Looks like there is a religious pedophilia push on at the moment.
    The issue is front page here in Australia.
    The opposition is calling for the Governor General to resign over accusations that, while Archbishop, he covered over accusations of pedophilia brought against priests.

• joelbear
    joelbear

Seems like it must be happening in a lot of religions which says to me that Jehovahs Witnesses don't stand out as different from the other religions.

Joel

• waiting
    waiting

Joel,

Your statement is correct - and I could say that my father is a murderer, but hey! lots of fathers are murderers - so he's no worse than them. And I would be correct.

But my father would still be a murderer - and so would those other fathers.

Remember what most of our parents & teachers used to tell us? "Just because 'everyone else' is doing it, that doesn't make it right."

Same principle.

The public - and jw's - need to know what's happening to their kids in the name of God.

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit