Wanted: Website developer

by Jim_TX 4 Replies latest social physical

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I always have a difficult time deciding which is the most appropriate section to post non-jw issues in. When I post in the 'Private' section, I get no (or very few) reads. So, I am posting here in this section. If it is inappropriate, I ask forgiveness from the moderator-gods.

I am looking for someone to help me develop my web site.

I have done this type of thing in the past, and am not wanting to do it again.

I need someone who does professional work - not a hacker (I'm a hacker).

If you are interested, PM me - and let me know you've PMed me here in this thread... as I do not get PMs normally, and do not check them.

Thanks.

We now return you to your normally scheduled program.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent

ive sent you a pm

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

Pm'd you...

• ballistic
    ballistic

Jim_TX, is that you?

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Hey yall, (yes 'ballistic' it's me...)

I started replying individually to your PMs, and then realized that I was typing basically the same thing, so I might as well put it here, and type it only once (well... that's my theory anyway).

I appreciate all of your suggestions on how to do my own website. I'm not interested in doing my own website. I realize that there is software out there that would help me put one together, but it sorta reminds me of the days (years ago) when Desktop Publishing software was made available to the masses.

I remember more than one person that thought that they could use all of the different fonts in their newsletters... and we're talking about hundreds of fonts, so that meant changing the font every paragraph or so. Not a pretty site.

Also, relating it to something I'm more familiar with, I do CAD layouts for printed circuit boards. Anyone can purchase the CAD software these days, and there is even some software out there that is 'free' (you get what you pay for, though). So, there are folks out there that feel they can design and lay out there own printed circuit boards. Well........ maybe. If they don't know what they are doing... they can design crap (and usually do).

This not meant to offend anyone. What I am trying to say is that I know my limits. I am not an expert at website designing, and do not know all of the 'here's how to do it' that is involved, and that someone who does it for a living would know.

This is where I am at with the website. I already have a domain name. I already have a website host. I already have a basic web site up and 'on the air'.

But what I need is a professional website designer to help me get a better site up and running. I don't want to have to sit down and learn how to do it. I guess I'm getting lazy in my old age.

I am designing and building a product that I want to promote on my web site. The product deals with solar energy and LED lighting which I have been using for the past 5 or so years at my home.

I am now ready to commercialize my designs and sell them, and feel that doing so on the web is the best way to do so - hence my web site.

I have a logo for my company, I have the domain name, I have the web site host, what I now need is a good designed web site.

If you will notice, I have not mentioned my website name or url (address). I am doing that on purpose. I am not promoting my web site. I am wanting to get assistance on getting it designed.

I hope this has helped to clarify what I am wanting.

Thanks again to those who have replied to my initial posting. I appreciate it. I really do.

Regards,

Jim TX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit