guilt trip

by cptkirk 3 Replies latest jw experiences

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

i've been away from WT for a while....i'm all of the sudden dealing with so much guilt. you know how they say "there is no excuse"? no matter what happens you have to go to meetings/service etc. i'm not feeling guilty about that, i'm feeling guilty because of the mere IDEA (which ironically is a good solid principle) ie. don't let anything get you off track, do your part regardless. the problem is when it's applied to the WT, and not real things like family or a solid career. i think this guilt was instilled in me long long time ago, and it's just firing off on me right now nonstop, hard to concentrate. guilt trip city.

which is actually in this case (normally it is the weak thing) is actually the strong thing. you see so many witnesses (a lot of them elders), who don't stay around because they even believe in the religion so much anymore, they just refuse to be made to feel like they gave up...but again, in this case, giving up on alcoholism is a good thing...it's not giving up on a marriage vow or something.

• finally awake
    finally awake

Giving up on something hurtful is a good thing. Remember, nearly everyone who gives up a harmful habit relapses at first - whether it is drugs, alcohol, overeating, or anything else. So don't feel bad about feeling bad.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ Book Study at a Private Home is the most important meeting you can go to..

Then one day it wasn`t..

Just like everything else the WBT$ teachs..It`s all BullShit..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• wobble
    wobble

Captain, I think you need to go to your quarters, and have a good long sleep.

When you wake up (sober) think on this: YOU HAVE NOTHING TO FEEL GUILTY ABOUT.

I have taken all your guilt and banished to to the edge of the Universe where it disappeared down a black hole, it is gone, you are free.

Now , rest, and come back as your old self, we on the Starship Enterprise need your leadership.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit