I sang "Hark the Herald Angels Sing" and felt no guilt.

by compound complex 28 Replies latest forum announcements

• compound complex
    compound complex

Since I'm only now getting back to you since Christmas due to pc-related problems, I'm hoping you had a wonderful holiday.

Given my profession and connections to the art and music world, I receive many invitations to concerts, plays and recitals. I received a ticket to a Christmas concert that included many complex and superbly executed holiday-oriented musical pieces. The audience was invited to sing "O Come All Ye Faithful." I stood respectfully but remained mute. Later in the program we were once again invited to sing, this time the piece of the title. I could not help myself. I burst into lusty and robust voice and it felt wonderful!

There's a first time for everything.

Freedom is great!

CoCo Chanteur

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

O Holy Night is my fave. We sued to sing all these Christian hymns/carols in public school before Supreme Court rulings. I am so grateful that I had that exposure. The first time I sang carols/hymns at midnight mass I cried. It was a giant leap into the world. The church was magnificent. Thousands of people were present. Normally, about 100-150 show up for services. Every space was taken and then some. The New York Fire Department was on hand.

Another cool thing I noted is that this elite NY location was full of not nerdy single people. The bishop esp. welcome those who were newly out of relationships or lost loved ones.

I don't like the silly Santa pop songs.

• tec
    tec

I'm glad you couldn't help yourself! Must have felt great.

Peace CoCo, and I'm glad to have you back here :)

Tammy

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, Band, for that wonderful experience! "O Holy Night" is also my favorite.

It takes a while to get past the mind control, but fully accepting that normal activities and interactions with the world are not inherently evil is liberating.

All the best,

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, Tammy! It did feel great.

Take care of yourself.

Love,

CoCo

• Quentin
    Quentin

Good for you. One thing I did when a jw was stand up for the National Anthem, and Pledge of Allegiance. Placing my hand over my heart, yet never reciting the words. Never saw the urgent need to make a skeptical of myself. Being young and dumb already did that enough.......no need for add ons. ...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Great words, Quentin!

We've all had our dumb moments. I likewise stood for both the pledge and the anthem. I could never understand the convoluted reasoning over the stand-sit-stand-whatever scenario.

Just be respectful!

Take care,

CoCo

• lilbluekitty
    lilbluekitty

Sweet! I also sang many Christmas songs during the holiday season, including that song and many others. I actually sang with my nieces in front of the whole rest of my husband's family (we did mostly the religious ones and Feliz Navidad too lol) and it was totally fun. Christmas night I went with some of my in-laws to a Catholic church (normally I attend a baptist church) and they had beautiful organ music and lots of people singing. I sang Joy To The World =)

• compound complex
    compound complex

It was totally sweet, lilbluekitty! Glad you had fun also. It's a shame we can't share the joy we feel with JW friends and family.

Have a good evening,

CoCo

• Quentin
    Quentin

Thank you CoCo....by the way meant to say "spectacle of myself"....my favorite Christmas music is "Wizards of Winter" by Trans Siberian Orchestra. "Silent Night"[ sans music, voice only ], "Little Drummer Boy" and "Do You Hear What I Hear"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit