Tebow: "What part of Matt 6 do you not understand?" (go to your room!!!!)

by FatFreek 2005 15 Replies latest social physical

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

This from my issue of TIME that arrived today: "'When you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen.' This passage from the Gospel of Matthew was quoted by many readers who object to Tim Tebow's showy displays of his faith on the football field ... " "Hey Tebowers," wrote Bill De Armond of Winfikeld, Kans. "What part of Matthew 6:5-8 do you not understand?"

Then, on that game winning reception last Sunday, "When I saw him scoring, first of all, I just thought, Thank you, Lord." -- Tim Tebow.

I find it refreshing that the Creator is taking a few moments from dealing with 5-yr-olds in cancer wards to help the Denver Broncos win that football game.

Len

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Every time I think to myself how much of a douche that goober and others like him are, I remember the power of cults and how I was a devoted JDub who thought Joe Hoover's holy spirit guided the crap I was doing.

• james_woods
    james_woods

And the sad thing is, according to the surveys, 43% of American football fans actually think God is helping him win games because he is doing this.

It is delusional.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

This was always one of my pet peeves when a JW, that is, prayer in public -- a restaurant to be specific. We did it as a family but I never liked it.

Here in the South U.S., it is very common. Lots of Baptists and Church of Christ. I suspect more than half of families and couples practice this.

Turdbowing will be next!

• Quentin
    Quentin

So what, big deal, who cares....he's not the first one to do that and wont be the last. With a news cycle 24/7 we see it all and it GETS BEAT TODEATH.

When I was a kid there might, might have been a picture the size of a postage stamp along with a 5 line paragraph buried in the sports section of the Ft, Worth Star-Telegram.

Now we got doctors, lawyers, judges, politicos and entertainment people shoving bucket after bucket of so called news under our noses. from dusk till dawn. I'm surprised to have any brain cells left. Blinded by wave after wave, after wave of Iowa and New Hampshire poles I was ready to blow my brains out.

Know what's funny? When I was a jw didn't watch any news shows, none. Parade Magazine, comics and the TV guide were my Sunday paper.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Well, Quentin - he just got beat 45 to 10.

Karma is a witch, aint she?

• JRK
    JRK

There is no Tebowing in Muddville, Mighty Tebow has struck out.

Little Jesus got crucified tonight.

JK

Tebowing or teabagging?

• designs
    designs

Tebow must be calling Rick Perry for consolation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit