Question for those who know

by truthseeker1969 8 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker1969
    truthseeker1969

As you all know I am not the sharpest tool in the ice box, the old lady is!

Can anyone tell me if it is in the Elders book that is says if an elder commits serious sin doesnt report it and is found out, but, has the respect of the congregation it is assumed it is forgiven?

Also, one comment I read states that elders were told to destroy certain files when the Data Protection Act came out in Britain, what were those files and does anyone know anything about it?

thanks

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I am interested too (bookmarking)

• Iamallcool
  • truthseeker1969
    truthseeker1969

thanks lamallcool

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

A thread here,

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/7414/1/WTS-SAYS-ELDERS-SINS-DONT-COUNT#87017

shows that if an elder's sin was kept secret for 2 or 3 years, and the elder had the respect of the congregation, then it was a sign of Jehovah's forgiveness. No, the sin didn't have to be made public. Yes, he could keep his position.

The information was presented in the first Organization book, and clarified in a 1972 Kingdom Ministry, so it predates the current elder's manual by almost 40 years.

• trueblue
    trueblue

This thread reminds me one time this elder made a comment in a book study about when following rules from the wts, that elders should abide so as to set an example, this same elder was seen by several of us running around town alone with a member of the opposite sex.

Elders mating call... "It's o'kay honey, I am an "ELDER" and no one knows what goes on behind closed door's"

• wobble
    wobble

Why do they not apply the same ruling to the rank and file ?

They will come after you years later if they have proof and you are just a pleb, "God's spirit directed organisation" my ass.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Well Why wouldn't that work to poor slobs like us????

If I sin and 2-3 yrs go by and the Hall Loves me.....

I can see Jehovah showing it means I'm forgiven........

And She WAS a Great LAY .......back when I was a Sinner.... LOL

Amazing how they Justify this Shit!

• truthseeker1969
    truthseeker1969

I just dont get it, some people may be grieved deeply that they have sinned but realize that the relationship they have is between them and Jehovah and not the org.

I used to ask elders what it is that they are saying when they decide if you are repentant? Are the assuming to know the mind of God? Not even Jesus said he understood all the Jehovah stood for as he was in subjection to the father.

to allow Edler to hypocritically serve in some cases even on JC's to judge a brother when they themselves have committed sin is in my view a sin against the spirit. they openly state that the spirit would be drawn away from the congregation when someone within sins and does not confess

I just dont get it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit