Today is my mother's birthday

by euripides 1 Replies latest jw friends

• euripides
    euripides

I have never in my life wished my mother a Happy Birthday. Largely because I know she would find it offensive. And raised in that poisonous environment, I to this day loathe other people knowing when it is my birthday and feel strange when if they do, or even family do wish me a happy birthday. I thank them, I don't resent it, but I know that there is no way I can say this to my mother. In fact, she is so skittish about it that if I were to even call her on the day--meaning today (we speak very little) she would believe that I was calling her ONLY because it was her birthday, and then she would take that the wrong way and find a way to be offended.

The JWs have nullified the last refuge of the negligent friends and family, the ones who, for personal reasons, or distance, or life's tribulations, still feel it is better to wish someone happy birthday, or send a Christmas holiday card, just to say, thinking about you, I haven't forgotten.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Strange how obviously twisted the cult thinking is, and yet we could not see it !

An elderly sister I know went to a thing for old people in the locality around the end of November, tea and biscuits and a chat. The local school has tried to get the kids to interact with the elderly, so some children were there, and as Christmas was not that far off, they dressed as Elves and asked the old people what they would like for Christmas etc.

This old sister took this as a personal affront to her ! "Fancy making me sit there with Christamas elves !" she simply could not see that it was done out of kindness, and that nobody knew of her weird beliefs anyway.

The W.T religion is a miserable one isn't it ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit