Will he find faith on the Earth?

by N.drew 5 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• N.drew
    N.drew

Luke 18:8

"I tell you that He will bring about justice for them quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?"

Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

I know the form of a word which was chosen by the writer writing philosophically is significant.

Luke 18:8 and Hebrews 11:1 have two different forms of the word faith. The form of the word at Hebrews 11:1 can be accomplished in an unbeliever. The form of the word faith at "will he find faith on the Earth" refers to the sheep who would follow the Shepherd.

Are there some people who are believing the faith that is being looked for is believing IN the one looking(will he find)? Is it trusting that there IS one looking?(will he find) Or does it mean will there be people being LED according to faith by the Leader? Will he find the kind of faith that means follow?

So it is not a question about where people's HEARTS are. It means where a person is heading TO.

Why does is say the Christ will return? It means to each person who is being led.

I have searched where the same form of the word "faith" has been written at Luke 18:8

But not finding any way to bring him in because of the crowd, they went up on the roof and let him down through the tiles with his stretcher, into the middle of the crowd, in front of Jesus. Seeing their faith, He said, "Friend, your sins are forgiven you." Luke 5:20

"And if he sins against you seven times a day, and returns to you seven times, saying, 'I repent,' forgive him." The apostles said to the Lord, "Increase our faith!" Luke 17:5

And the Lord said, "If you had faith like a mustard seed, you would say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and be planted in the sea'; and it would obey you. Luke 17:6

And He said to them, "Why are you afraid? Do you still have no faith?" Mark 4:40

When He entered the house, the blind men came up to Him, and Jesus said to them, "Do you believe that I am able to do this?" They said to Him, "Yes, Lord." Then He touched their eyes, saying, "It shall be done to you according to your faith."

I see that there are people who believe Christ will move the mountain. But can you see faith is the strength given for each believer to be in the right mind, heart and soul to move the mountain?

• N.drew
    N.drew

"Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has chosen gladly to give you the kingdom. Luke 12:32

add (1), allow (2), bestowed (4), cause (2), commanded* (1), dealing (1), drew (1), gave (79), give (122), given (117), gives (14), giving (12), grant (15), granted (10), granting (2), leave (1), make (1), offer (2), pass (1), pay (5), permitted (1), pour (1), poured (1), produce (1), produces (1), producing (1), put (6), puts (1), putting (1), show (1), struck* (1), utter (1), venture* (1), yielded (3)

Finished?

• N.drew
    N.drew

I might be believing, if it's OK with you, that The Watchtower is God's angry response to no, Christ did not find the faith on the Earth.

But there are sooooo many people believing. I know I KNOW

• N.drew
    N.drew

FYI He is still looking. Hell Hey, why not?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The context of Luke 18 is interesting, verse 9 shows that Jesus posed his question about finding the faith because some of the people he was talking to were trusting in their own righteousness, the opposite of people who were in the faith.

• N.drew
    N.drew

It is good to trust in one's own choice. To believe that one has chosen righteously is good.

And Jesus answered and said to them, "Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, 'Be taken up and cast into the sea,' it will happen.

To obey "do not doubt" a person needs to believe she has made a right choice.

Proverbs 3:5 warns do not lean on your own understanding. I do not know of a scripture that warns do not lean on your own choice.

So self righteousness can be a good thing if it causes someone to be steadfast in what is good.

Thank you Phizzy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit