Glad to be here. Hope this finds everyone well.

by TotallyADD 7 Replies latest jw friends

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

One year ago I finally had the courage to wirte my life story. Alot of water has gone under the proverbial bridge since my first post. As of late I have been very scarce from this site. Mostly because I have been very busy with our new business. But I would like to take this time to let everybody know how much I think of all of you every day. I wish I had the time to be here more often but at this time I am just too tired to read or write anything on this forum. When I do have the time I find it to be so refreshing to see you all here. From time to time I will be back to let you all know how things are going with reopened mind and me. Just please don't forget us. We still feel the love from all of you and the pain the borg has caused in our lives. As well in your lives. We have settled into a very caring community. This last X-mas we had more food and cookies and candy I think I gained 5lbs. from it. My wife gave me for X-mas my very first toy a John Deer tractor. She told me this is for all the toys I never got as a child on X-mas. I will cherish it for the rest of my life.

We are now active with the little community church we go to. The pastor now has me read a Bible verse and ask the the group what has given them encouragement and joy during the week. Also (this is kind of funny) my wife, a now proclaimed secular humanist, has been asked by the pastor to start a choir at the church. Knowing full will how she feels. He is a very understanding man. He and his family invited us over for X-mas dinner. When we arrived we went into his living room and he had a mural on his wall of a mountain lake. It was the same exact mural we had in our old Kingdom Hall on the back stage when I was a kid. I use to day dream about that lake to pass the long boring hours away as a kid. So slowly but surely we are becoming part of this wonderful community in the wilds of PA. Well we are about to get another big snow storm tonight. So far the winter here has not been too bad. With that in mind thank you to all of you for your support. See you all later. Totally ADD

• ziddina
    ziddina

Heeeeyyy, Totally ADD!!!

GOOD to hear from you again!!!

[crud, where are my manners????]

It's great that you had a wonderful Christmas!! And that you've found a very supportive pastor - and group.

I hope that you and your family continue to have a great life, there in the wilds of Pennsylvania!!

Zid

• ziddina
    ziddina

I'm JEALOUS!!! You got a fancy new "John Deere" tractor for Christmas???

My bratty brother used to get those - of course, Dad worked for "John Deere" as a mechanic, for a while - and I ALWAYS wanted those blasted tractors - they were so DETAILED and had working parts and EVERYTHING!!!

Of course, Momsy-Dearest wouldn't hear of it... I had to have the "Barbie" crap instead...

• kazar
    kazar

Marvelous to hear that things are going well with you. Do keep us updated.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Thanks for sharing. Really glad to hear you've all made new friends and are getting on with a better life.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Totally ADD,

So nice to see you posting and my best wishes and prayers to you and your wife in all you do.

Sorry I couldn't be up there for your "apostafest" picnic months ago but it just didn't work out.

I'm so happy you guys found a small church to feel comfy in. I love my church and my pastor here. Today I met him for coffee as we do from time to time and I feel like family again.

Please keep posting and please stay in touch.

HappyDad (Bill)

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I ewas jut thinking about you two the other day. It sounds as if the Mrs. is on the mend and your business is going well. Glad to hear it!

• scary21
    scary21

Nice to see your post.....great up date....love the part about your new toy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit