Large Congregations or Smaller Congregations

by Pitchess Co-Gen 3 Replies latest jw experiences

• Pitchess Co-Gen
    Pitchess Co-Gen

When I was younger ( from 9-13 ) one of the best congregations I attended was a congregation that got dissolved because of low numbers. Tell me your experiences with large congregations or smaller congregations.

• Apt1201
    Apt1201

Spent some of my younger years (7-18) in a smaller congregation. Liked a few of the people there and thought some of them were good friends. Moved to a much larger congregation (18yo- 25ish) and never really felt welcomed.

Married a local girl and our wedding was in the KH.

We both left and just drifted away after some time there.

Smaller congregation was much better in my opinion. Had a better feel to it.

Feel sorry for all of my so called friends there and a lot of us young ones that grew up together have all left.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

If you want elders who will be able to manage shepherding the congegation, smaller is better. That was the whole point of the book study arrangement. The last congregation I attended was so large the brothers were oblivious to new members. Your chances of answering at a meeting were slim to none. You might get 1 ministry school assignment a year.

On the flip side, smaller congregations make it easier for everyone to know your personal business.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Small congo...(especially a small town) = poor quality meetings, close family ties that are difficult to break into or be accepted, too much inter marriage....cliques......a parochial attitude

Big congo... = usually better meetings, more people to make "friends" with , often a multi racial mix which is better , a broader outlook on things , more going on, more fun...

Same old nonsense preached in all of them though

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit