any thoughts on this jw preaching dvd ?

by cptkirk 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

i can't even remember the name of it, from 2007, i remember saying something about it on a thread a while ago. this is in my head again though....it is actually one of the pieces of ammunition they used against me, because i was saying "the end can't come until there is peace"...i said it a few times, one time in a car group, and the person driving almost went into oncoming traffic. it didn't seem to matter to them that their own DVD from president knorr? says this very thing (on a dvd they put out 50 years ago?) well it was from 50 years ago, but they put Knorr saying it on a DVD from 2007 so apparently they valued his voice on this. apparently this didn't matter to the locall witnesses, they wanted to burn me at the stake for this one.

was just thinking though, there is a lot of energy here which disproves WT doctrine as an outsider. was thinking to myself, there should be two lists. one that disproves the WT as an outsider, but also one that disproves WT from the inside (ie. pretending you are a JW, and using their own logic to disprove their own doctrine).

this being an example of the latter. off the top of my head, another example could be the "transfiguration" because this event does not hold water with WT doctrine, yet they will cite it.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Before you get a Dub to call you a liar, make sure you have the literature to back you up right there with you.

Dubs have very convenient memories and will invent whatever they need to save face for the WT and themselves.

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

you raise a good point. this is one thing that will drive you really crazy, because even if you do have the lit with you to back it up...they have already decided not to look at it, even though it is THEIR LITERATURE PRINTED BY THEM...lol? you are the apostate for showing them their literature? who could be a part of such an organization as this? i'm trying to think of a parallel...maybe some of the old practices of our country...what happens when people bring them up? people say yea we were mislead, we were ignorant, we have moved on etc. this is the real defining point isn't it? the JW has to do everything possible to stay away from saying this exact response (we were ignorant ,mislead blah blah) right? because they are expected 100% obedience, and told the info comes from god...so if they say we were ignorant, well what? doesn't this one piece of information pretty much derail the entire JW enterprise? and we get called mentally diseased for revealing it?

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

When I told my MIL that the Memorial is on the wrong day, she wouldn't even look at the scriptures.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    because even if you do have the lit with you to back it up...they have already decided not to look at it

Not if they don't know where you are coming from.

Never give them any warning of what they are about to read and explain to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit