One thing that I learned as a JW

by Jim_TX 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I was thinking the other day about what 'good' things that I may have learned as a JW. I know that I probably have a few 'good' habits, as a result of being a JW... of course, I've also picked up a few 'bad' habits, too after leaving that religion, dammit. (<--- Note: For the humor-impaired, I'ma cussin.)

But, this is about one thing in particular that I was thinking about the other day.

Here where I work, I am considered a 'salaried' employee. Our employee handbook states that salaried employees will put in a 45 hour work week (not 40 hours that non-salaried employees work). Well, I've always been used to the 40-hour work week, and mostly put down 40 hours (one of them 'honesty' things I learnt as a JW, I guess).

Occassionally though, I will put in more than the 40 hours, but just neglect to keep track of each and every 5 minutes here and there. (It's a real pain.)

The other day though, I was thinking about it, and on the drive to work, which takes about 15 to 20 minutes, depending on traffic, I started talking about a project I was working on, to my wife - who also works at the same company.

I then mentioned... "since I started talking about work, my 'time' can start now." I chuckled to myself, as I remember that as a JW, we used to use this 'trick' to start counting door-knocking time early, and to get that extra 15 to 30 minutes in.

So... I guess I learned at least one good thing as a JW.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

The worst thing I learned as a JW was to be a "Wimp"..

It has taken me years to get my own voice!!!

Snoozy

• ashlyashly
    ashlyashly

How many years? I'm curious about that.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I found a lot of it after my JW hubby died..sad but true.

Snoozy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit