2011-2012 Circuit Assembly program--"Let God's Name be Sanctified"

by naeuca 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• naeuca
    naeuca

Hi all,

Does anyone have a recording of this that could be sent to me please?

Thankyou!!

naeuca

• designs
    designs

Sounds like they go back to old Book Titles for their Assembly themes.

The GB know they have to enhance the Brand Name so putting the emphasis on the name they use for God does the trick. After I left the JWs I attened a local Calvary Chapel, they do the same thing with beating the name Jesus in into the dust. It almost gets to the point of a OCD Disorder.

• disfellowshipped1
    disfellowshipped1

Recordings? as in mp3 or video? Are they even allowed to do that anymore?

• finally awake
    finally awake

several people from my former hall make mp3 recordings of the assemblies. if you have an mp3 player that can record fm radio transmissions, you can get good quality recordings of the nonsense easily.

• wannabefree
  • smiddy
    smiddy

The name" Jehovah"didn`t exist before the 13th century,it was an invention of a spanish monk Raymundus Martini of the Dominican Order.

Isn`t it ironic that jehovahs witnesses follow the tradition of Catholics ? to this day ?

smiddy

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Interesting too that when Fra Ray Martini wrote his bit for the Pope, around 1280 (?), the letter "J" was interchangeable with "I" and was pronounced with the sound of "Y" as in "yet", so he was writing Yehova .

The silly buggers of Brooklyn can't even get that bit right.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Regardless of the program theme, if God is continually doing things to deserve to be vilified, he is undermining the sanctity of his own name and then expecting us to work against it to re-sanctify it. Which I will not do.

Yes, Jehovah is a mistranslation. In fact, it is not even the best one. According to what God lives up to, Baghead and Almighty Lowlife Scumbag are much better names. Needless to say, I will not be sanctifying that most distasteful being's name.

And, even if it were somehow worth sanctifying, are they really sanctifying God's name? Or, are they instead sanctifying the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger's?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit