Disfellowshipping without knowing??

by Dudu 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dudu
    Dudu

OMG! Ive been reading about no JC before announcements made of d'ed ..... WTF??!!! Few years ago that was unheard, as far as i know. I remember 10 or 8 years ago, this sister who barely went to meetings and everybody knew she was having an affair with a worldly married man and she wasnt d'ed as she never attended to a JC. So now they changed the rules? hhummmmmm :S

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

By a persons's actions (such as joining the military is one example, accepting a blood transfusion is another) they can be said to have indicated by their actions that they no longer wish to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses. This is considered a "disassociation" vs. a disfellowshipping, thus they do not have to be notified of the decision (since it is viewed that THEY made the decision), nor do they have to be given time to appeal. An announcement will be read: "So-and-So is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses."

DOC

• therevealer
    therevealer

And it has always been that if a person ignores or refuses requests to attend a meeting with the body of elders that they will be "judged" in abstension, no requirement to pass on the decision to the "victim". And when such a situation happens the announcement at the hall can go almost unnoticed and the "innocent party" might never know.

So the "no judicial meeting" isn't really accurate, it was just a meeting that the person wasn't at.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

It varies from congregation to congregation. I've attended copngregations where they would follow u no matter where u moved to. One kid was df'd and he had moved about 75 miles away. A few local brothers made some claims and boom he was done

On the other end of the scale I've attended congregations with inactive ones knowingly involved in wrongdoing. If they don't walk into a KH then no one bothers them. I saw one single sister walk in pregnant and nothing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit