One at a Time

by arko_n9ne 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• arko_n9ne
    arko_n9ne

I live with my wife and her two brothers. Her two brothers are Witnesses, though one seems to have "faded" but denies it whole-heartedly. Regardless of position, they stick to their guns, well, the WTS's guns, about everything.

Unless you've read my other posts, you wont know their names, so I'll refer to them as 28 and 31, for the sake of time.

To understand my passion, you need to understand the audacity of my experience with these two.

A lil bit about me-When I first learned of Witnesses, my best friends were 28 and 29 at the time. I came close to joining the WTS because I was in search of a God, but an event in the spring of 2007 occurred that made me very resentful of God, so nobody won me. Over the next year, my fervor for Christ waned and my view of Jehovah's Witnesses became neutral. I had no favor for them, nor animosity. And up to that point, the only reason I could fathom for why people didn't like them was the solicitation (proselytizing) and their overly-obvious dedication to the bible. Naivity if there ever was.

28 and I got into the discussion of blood. That's right, my first eye-opener was the blood issue. He showed me this little card he had with a heart on it, that said he declines blood transfusions and organ transplants/donation. He told me some muttered monologue about why they don't accept blood, but it nagged the heck out of me. I read and studied Grey's Anatomy for fun in high school. I used to design rockets with my father. I had access to a college chem lab when I was in middle school. Long story short, science in all forms is my passion.

I was one of the teeming masses of the theocratically ignorant, so when someone spoke from the bible, and they spent years studying it, I would just buy into their pitch as being right. But when someone tells me they don't accept blood transfusions because the bible says not to eat blood, alarms go off in my head.
    I googled the term "jehovah's witness blood transfusions" to see the watchtower's p.o.v. in writing. I googled because I wasn't sure if their site was a .org, .com, or whatever. And 28 told me not trust alot of websites because they "lie about being associated with the Organization." If you're on this site, I'm sure you're aware of what sites pop up on the google list when you put in "jehovah's witness blood transfusions."

But it wasn't just blood. There were other scandals that I was learning about. Things that were a decade old at the time, but they felt like new happenings to me. How could this information be out there and there still be a Watchtower?

I wasn't angry but I felt like I needed this cleared up, so I went to them for answers. Here are their answers:

MeThem

* Blood cannot be eaten intrevenously because the body cannot break down the blood and use it like glucose or saline. So how does it violate God's law?
    -28: Because the bible says to abstain from blood altogether.
    -29: The body eats the blood. Just because you can't digest something, it doesn't mean you aren't eating it.

* But what about partial blood? The Watchtower says you can get partial blood treatments.-28: No, it doesn't. (I show him the articles on the watchtower website) Partial blood isn't blood anymore. When they take it apart, they turn it into something else.

* Yes, it's still blood. The blood is sitting in whatever mixture they put it in, but it's still there. Part of blood is still blood. And the fact that it's been ripped apart would seem like a slap in Jehovah's face, no?
    -29: You don't get it. Blood is the life force of the body, so we're not allowed to touch it. Plain and simple.

--------------------------------------------

Several weeks later (when I got my info together)

* How do you feel about the fact that the Watchtower has been covering up rapes and molestations?
    -28: Says who?

* Says the countless number of victims who came forward. The elders had been ordering most of them not to go to the police.-28: It didn't happen. This was between members?

* Yes.-28: It didn't happen. First off, it's probably a bunch of apostates who wanted their own way and got kicked out because they're selfish. (You can hear him get both angered and disgusted mentioning these people) Second, the Society has measures in place to keep anything like that from happening. It's impossible for an adult to be alone with a child in the congregation.

* You only know people as much as they let you. All it takes is "hey, I trust you, can you watch my son or daughter?"-28: No one would do that though.

* Didn't your mother leave you and your siblings at your grandmother and uncle's house for a few months as a kid?-28: That was different. It's my mother's mom and brother. She trusts them.

----------------------------------------------

A few months later

* Doesn't it bother you that the Watchtower writes that the United Nations is Daniel's Beast, but they were part of the U.N. for like, a decade?-28: No they weren't.
    -29: Why would you think that?

* They filed for NGO staus in the 90's and quit when it was revealed they were part of it. They said it was to get a library card to gain access to the UN Library.-29: We do alot of research and the United Nations has books we need.

* So? You don't need a library card to use the UN libraries. You don't need to become a registered NGO to read a book.-28: Yes, you do. They aren't all open to the public. You need special clearance to get into certain sections.

* No, you don't. Really. The information is there if you want to see it, but you have to want to see it.-29: It doesn't matter anyway, because we were an NGO, so we weren't part of the UN.

* Yeah, actually. You are a member of the United Nations, you just don't have a desk to sit at in the big meetings. Check the paperwork online. It's there for anyone to see.-28: You don't know what you're talking about.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Good, if you made it this far, the two brothers have either frustrated you or you saw something you've seen more times than you care for, but you're still reading, and that's good.

Through extensive digging and their own carelessness, I've got enough information to get them disfellowshipped. I won't divulge that information here, but let's say it's a guarantee that if their friends in the congregation went to an elder with the evidence, it would show unrepentance, a behavior prone to major sinning and apostacy, as well as brazen behaviors.

I can literally begin to take down the Watchtower one Witness at a time.

So I ask, what would you do in my shoes?

And I know some will spit out "don't judge them lest ye be judged" or to that tune, so we'll settle with "It isn't judgement to call a strawberry a strawberry if that's what it is."

As I've experienced, and mentioned in my earlier post:
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/experiences/219774/1/My-wifes-sister-lengthy-but-I-need-help

It is easy to collect the pieces after they shatter. The mistake I made with my wife's sister was that I didn't know enough to try to do anything when she was out. I know with a disfellowship, I'll have alot more time. And I've got no intention of letting minut facts slip that it was me who passed the info.

But again, you are me. You have the world in your hands of two Witnesses who have become cliched in their personality.

What do you do?

Thank you for reading.

• Razziel
    Razziel

Well I won't comment right now if it's a good idea to purposely try and get them DF'd but I will pass on one tidbit of advice if you do choose that course. Even if they what they did is really bad, and even if their attitude isn't fully repentant they can still get off with a private reproof if the elders choose to. You have a better chance at getting them disfellowshipped when what happened becomes common knowledge in the congregation or community before they get ratted out. So loose lips and spreading a few rumors that can't be tied directly back to you might serve your purpose better than going directly to an elder with proof.

• arko_n9ne
    arko_n9ne

@Razziel
    Thank you for the ideas. It was an idea I'd been toying with already, because, like Paul Grundy of JWFacts was deemed, I am "familiar with the sisters, but not in a physical way."

I can easily get the info out there. My main thing though is that I don't trust that my name will be kept out of the picture, so it's got to be something subtle. Hmm. I was about to wish that the machine in Inception was real, but honestly, would I want to be inside a Witness' head? Especially that deep inside?

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Hi arko_n9ne and welcome to the board. It sounds like you've picked up quite a bit about Watchtower in a brief time. Congratulations that you've avoided the magic step -- baptism. In your position you're relatively immune from Watchtower's punitive actions no matter what. As to 28 and 29, you haven't won them over yet. Arguing doctrine is usually futile for those in a cult.

You chose one thing, non-doctinal -- the U.N. thingy. That was good but they've now learned a bit of wiggle room on that based on their evasive replies.

Here's one you may try, THE GREAT WATCHTOWER CONTRADICTION. While it's especially for new ones who are exploring the Watchtower, old hands will find some startling facts about their teaching history, all quotes substantiated from their Watchtower Library CD. It's only an 11 minute read and it may hit 28 and 29 like a ton of bricks.

Winning over these former best friends by showing them that Watchtower can't possibly be a group chosen by God may be more successful than ratting them out for behavior that apparently doesn't directly affect you. If they ever learn the source (you) thanks to the local gossip mill, you're toast with them. Good luck to you.

By the way, you express yourself very well and we look forward to more of your experiences.

Len

• arko_n9ne
    arko_n9ne

@FatFreek 2005
    The Great Watchtower Contradiction...that was an intense read for the short amount of pages it was. It was well-written, with a proper diction and irrefutable charting. And for some reason, I would hear a 1960's slideshow narrator as the voice of the author. It truly was informative and something I need to try. But I feel I need to get it on camera, so they can see themselves with how they respond.
    David Hasselhoff's daughter saw fit to videotape him being drunk and posting it so it could be a sobering image of how far he had fallen. I feel it's something that should be done with them as well.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Thanks for that, Arko. I'm considering putting it to a short Youtube video with brief references along with the charts, then a final link to the main essay.

You seem to have extreme creativity and I look forward to hearing more of your stories here.

Len

• 00DAD
    00DAD

arko_n9ne: Why would you want to get them disfellowshipped?

• arko_n9ne
    arko_n9ne

@00DAD
    I've been a firm believer that if you're going to do something, then do it right. If someone wants to pretend to be someone, then they need to commit. These two have been pretending they are devout yet with the skeletons they have in their closet, one could build a small house with the bones.
    They look down their noses and openly judge people and their faiths, chuckling in a smothering sense of unproven superiority.

Hypocrisy, sir. It is a foul evil that pollutes the senses of those who are forced to endure it. And I sir, have been nearly choked to death by theirs.

Bill Hazlitt, a writer who preceded the work of Charles Russell, wrote: "as hypocrisy is the highest compliment to virtue, the art of lying is the strongest acknowledgement of the force of truth."

28 and 29 lie through their teeth on a daily basis and condemn others for smaller acts of immorality than those they've performed. The way they have treated countless friends who strayed from the "truth," is deplorable.

They need to fall or their path of misjudgement and criticisms will pave over many others along the way.

And this is only one rung of the ladder.
    Another is about time. When my wife's sister did what she did (as referenced in my previous post), their congregation looked down on their whole family as if they did it as well. When their "friends" and "family" stopped talking to them and started up with the rumors and insults, they collectively began to see that there was a world out there for them.
    That there were friends available with open arms. Friends who could forgive the asinine treatments they received by them.

Mind you that my sister-in-law will have a friend and family with open arms, the brothers will have to look elsewhere. 29 has 2 year old twins he's seen only a handful of times, whose mother has been extremely patient with him. 28 has coworkers who try to be his friends, but he jw's them. But the point is that while I won't be there this time, they will have enough time and resources to reawaken in the real truth of life.

Vengeance and salvation at the same time. Two birds with one huge boulder.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit