Do you think in time all jw's will leave the unbeliever?

by tif21 3 Replies latest jw friends

• tif21
    tif21

Wondering with all that has been said about the mentally diseased has anyone heard if a jw can divorce a disease mate?

• MrDarkKnight
    MrDarkKnight

No they can't. My estranged wife would have tried by now.

• moshe
    moshe

They can divorce an unbeliever using the WT Society's made up doctrine of , absolute spiritual endangerment. The elders will take no action against any JW who gets a divorce from an apostate- of course they are supposed to remain single until "free to remarry", ie., the ex-spouse gets married or is caught having an overnight guest of the opposite sex (no blood relation). My JW wife used this WT teaching on me in 1989 to get a divorce with the full support of the elders in her KH. why she even had a letter from WT advising her how she could use this WT teaching to get me out of the home.

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Hello and welcome, tif21!

I'm a non-jw, but well aware of the pressure put on a marriage of a believer and UBM, despite all the assurances! However, I think the way it works is to first try to convert the UBM, and if that is not an option and the UBM is outspoken, pressure the believer to save themselves and any children from "spiritual endangerment", ( ) by separation if necessary.

Hope to hear more from you, Retro

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit